Buying resale from the UK

Discussion in 'UK DVC Discussion' started by meryll83, May 8, 2012.

1. meryll83

meryll83 All it takes is faith and trust...

Hi All,

Are there any recommended resellers for those of us interested in making a purchase from the UK?

Anything to be aware of, or is the transaction relatively straight forward?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

Not sure about preferable agents but just wanted to check that you are aware on the restrictions for using your points if you buy resale?

4. meryll83

meryll83 All it takes is faith and trust...

Yep thanks Joh, we've decided we probably wouldn't trade points for use at other locations anyway - but thanks for making me aware :goodvibes

Probably still a couple of years off saving enough to buy in, but wanted to do some more solid research to know what to really expect!

5. Paul Ware

Paul Ware Donald_Rocks

We used these guys at Resales DVC although a quick google search will bring others up. We did think these guys made it an easy process.

6. clarabella

clarabella Mouseketeer

Hey :wave2:
    I bought into DVC via resale from the UK had no issues. But I would recommend you consider how you will be sending the money to the USA because some banks charge huge fees or worse a % of the total transfer. depending on what your banks charges are it may be worth checking out people like UKForex.

7. pchivvy

pchivvy Earning My Ears

I used fidelity for both my contracts and they were good. We used hifx.co.uk for the $ transfers who were excellent:)

8. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

How is resale financed if we are in the uk?

9. garryblueboy

garryblueboy Earning My Ears

We used TTS Jason was great took 6 weeks from offer to close also beware of bank charges and if you and seller are non USA you need to get tax number and this costs you about £100 per doc as apostle is required now for IRS we saved over 50% buying resale and the benefits you loose are not really worth it to us guys across the pond we brought 250 at SSR this got us a 4 night Disney cruise so bad exchange really of points .