Buying prepaid cell phones

Helsie

Earning My Ears
We are considering buying prepaid cell phones for our trip to POFQ next August. Any suggestions from visitors from the uk who might have done this welcome.

I use an AT&T prepaid "Go Phone" and love it. I've had a Go Phone for five years and have been very happy. Just upgraded to a new flip phone last month:
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/att/z221-black-prepaid.html#fbid=M7cWQpFTIrI
This phone is $39.99 and works very well for a basic phone. If you do sign up for one, be sure to get the "pay as you go" plan (rather than the monthly plan) so you can pick the right timeframe (such as minutes that expire in 30 days, 90 days, etc.). My plan is 10 cents per minute, and you can purchase the number of minutes you want. I think this would be a great option for an international visitor to WDW!

Thanks for this: we've got to get 4 phones : teenagers who want to go there own way! And little ones who may want to separate of with mum n dad so we will probably go with some real cheap samsungs we've seen on amazon .

We are from Canada and didn't want to pay the roaming charges with our cell phones. We bought two phones, ten dollars each, from Target. Sorry, I can't remember the name. They were in a package in the electronics section. Easy to find! Each phone came with ten minutes of prepaid time. We were able to add minutes with a prepaid card (the cards were right beside the phones). We didn't need nearly as many minutes as we thought, because we text messaged. They were nothing fancy, but worked for texting each other. The charge lasted all day and they were small enough to fit in a pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!