Buying points

yaksack

DIS Veteran
We are DVC owners that have a trip on points booked for 2/17. We just found out that our daughter's high school band will be playing at the MK in May, but we have no points left. I was told that can buy points from DVC that people are not using. Has anyone every done this? How much per point? How many points can I buy, etc. any help would be most appreciated.

Unless the trip you want to take is 24 points or less, you'll need to find another member to transfer points into your account. (If your trip costs 24 points or less, you can buy points from MS for $15 each. Those points can only be used after the 7 month window opens, though).

Technically, members are not supposed to receive compensation for transferring points, but it is commonly done. This is a pretty good description of how it works:

Transferring points.. the basics and more

Cost varies between $10-$16 per point and is negotiable between you and the party with the points.

Another option is to rent the stay from another member - they (or a broker, such as David's) make the reservation you need and you pay them for that.

For more information on renting, you can check out the pinned threads near the top of DIS Rent/Trade Board.

We are DVC owners that have a trip on points booked for 2/17. We just found out that our daughter's high school band will be playing at the MK in May, but we have no points left. I was told that can buy points from DVC that people are not using. Has anyone every done this? How much per point? How many points can I buy, etc. any help would be most appreciated.

As mentioned it's only a maximum of 24 one time use points that can be used from Disney so not enough for more than a night or two depending on the room and location.

Options are:
Transfer points from another member
Rent a reservation direct from another member or thru a broker
Book DVC villa on cash thru DVC if available
Book cash room direct thru Disney
Stay off site
Borrow points if you have not already done so

If rooms are available can you cancel the trip you have in Feb and use those points for a May trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter