Buying pixie dust?

reins317

Earning My Ears
Hi.

Does anyone know where I could buy the pixie dust used at Disney World? My son got tons of it in his hair when he got his haircut last year at the Main Street Barber Shop. I would love to buy some and leave it scattered throughout our hotel room and say Tinkerbell visited us when we were at the parks.

Thanks so much!
Christal

Good idea about using pixie dust, I really like it! :thumbsup2 There was a thread sometime back about preparing Tinkerbelle stuff including notes and invitations to your child. See if you can search that out , and let us know too, it would be more realistic than "plain" glitter. The mickey icon glitters I think might be available from scrapbook sites?????
:wizard: I love to do the magic too in preparing trip.

reins317 said:
Hi.

Does anyone know where I could buy the pixie dust used at Disney World? My son got tons of it in his hair when he got his haircut last year at the Main Street Barber Shop. I would love to buy some and leave it scattered throughout our hotel room and say Tinkerbell visited us when we were at the parks.

Thanks so much!
Christal

We took our daughter to a store called Club Libby Lu. It is a place for makeovers for young girls. You can do a Yahoo search and see if there is a store near you and call to see if they have the glitter. She got to "make" a bag of glitter (choosing different colors). The tooth fairy found it very useful!!

at claries.com, cammo body glitter, supposed to be colored green - perfect for Tink!

I used heart confetti in pink & silver but DD is just going to be 3 next month and we went last month. I did choose not to use glitter because the mess it would be for housekeeping. Something you might want to keep in mind as you decide.

I was just thinking the same thing - how would housekeeping clean it up if you get it in the carpet? Could they charge you for destruction of property if they couldn't get it cleaned up?

I'm sure WDW resorts are used to kids making messes, as we've been given rooms where permanent marker has been scribbled on tables, etc., but I'm sure housekeeping is less than thrilled to have to try to clean up more than the commonplace messes. Also, when do you glitter the place? Won't housekeeping come in while you're gone and sweep up?

On our vacation Tinkerbell came each night while we were sleeping and left a little gift for DD so whether it was there or not when housekeeping came didn't make a difference to the "surprise". But I will say the confetti was a pain in the butt and it's fairly large and I tried to keep it on the table around the gift- I can only imagine how bad glitter would be. We were passing through the photopass area at DTD and one of the ladies from Bibbity Bobbity Boutique was there and Pixie-dusted DD. Okay - maybe it makes me sound like a bad parent....but I was brushing her hair last night and noticed she STILL had a few specks of pixie dust on her scalp from vacation and we got back 9/10!!

we always use something easy for us to get up each morning before we left for the parks so the mousekeeping didn't have to go thru our mess when she or he arrived... Tinks visits are so popular with my daughter. she even asked today.. what do you think she is going to bring me..... well.. I got a my disney girl doll at a consignment with 4 princesses outfits for only $25! That is one of the gifts! I can't wait for her to see it!

:thumbsup2 I am sooo guilty of glitter....When we have stayed on Xmas Eve my dd and ds (and me too) are really worried if Santa will find us. We put a sign on our door that says "Santa Stop Here" , but just to be sure we leave glitter mixed with dry oatmeal for the reindeer to spot us , sprinkled on the roof , outside of our balcony railing,( hopefully birds can eat it), no problem for housekeeping....but I do admit :rolleyes1 we also even sprinle it down the hall leading to our room. We not only tip mousekeeping , but give small gifts from Hawaii to all staff for their working Christmas....OK..so it last a couple of days , They all say they really love it , but please remember the staff and take good care of them!!! :love:

WDWorBUST said:
I was brushing her hair last night and noticed she STILL had a few specks of pixie dust on her scalp from vacation and we got back 9/10!!

I've had that problem too!

Maybe just spinkle pixie dust on his pillow and the window sill ( a little goes a long way) so he sees it in the morning - Tink came while he slept (but if he stays up, she WON'T come)

there is small mickey icon (smaller than the regular) sold at the Marketplace scrapbook store... $5 a little bag. could use sparingly on the table... around Tink gifts. I bought 2 when I was there yesterday, to have just in case. I may need to find green hearts though, since my friends girls were with me.

Wow! I saw the post about pixie dust and sprinkling it around the hotel room and thought it was a great idea!
But I think I will use craft glitter and just sprinkle some on the table tops and counters for easier clean-up.
We arrive on the 28th of October for Halloween week and we are all so excited! I think the children will be thrilled to arrive back at the hotel to find that Tink had dropped by and left a small suprise! Thanks for the great idea! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter