Buying passes on Ebay

alprice

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever bought hopper passes on EBAY?
Just curious of your exerience......The prices are much cheaper.

While there may be legitimate tickets out there, I would not want to take a chance on my vacation fun.

You will never truly know if they are valid tickets, with the number of days remaining stated in the auction, until you are standing at the gate of the park. If it turns out they are not valid, that $50 you think you saved turns into hundreds more to spend to save your trip.

I would not ever consider buying tickets like that on eBay. Too much risk.

Some people have had positive experiences, but others have not had such good experiences.

There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.

The real problem with EBay, is that most of the time - when an item arrives, the purchaser leaves positive feedback for the seller. So if they get to the park and there's a problem - there's no way to adjust the feedback that has been left for the seller.

I think the money you'll have to spend either through Disney or a different discount outlet is well worth the piece of mind that you're purchasing by knowing that you've got a valid product.

I agree with the previous posters that I would never buy Disney theme park tickets through E-Bay. Especially now that you must use the finger scan along with your ticket to enter all the parks. Even if you purchased tickets with days left on them the scanner would not let you through becuase of the mismatch. Save yourself a lot of trouble and buy from a legitimate source you can trust. You may spend some more, but it's worth the piece of mind.

I've been buying and selling on Ebay for five years now and I would never buy or sell Disney tickets. Never sell them because, well, it specifically says "not transferrable" on my ticket, so it's illegal to sell them and I value my 100% positive rating.

Never buy them because, again, not transferrable, and what if they got demagnetized between you and the seller? You can't go into the guest relations at Disney and have them issue a new one, because your name isn't on the old one.

Penny wise, pound foolish, in my opinion...

Disneyrsh said:
I've been buying and selling on Ebay for five years now and I would never buy or sell Disney tickets. Never sell them because, well, it specifically says "not transferrable" on my ticket, so it's illegal to sell them and I value my 100% positive rating.

Never buy them because, again, not transferrable, and what if they got demagnetized between you and the seller? You can't go into the guest relations at Disney and have them issue a new one, because your name isn't on the old one.

Penny wise, pound foolish, in my opinion...

Great feedback. I agree 100%.

1. It's illegal

2. You never know what you will get unti you stick the ticket into the turnstyle (and who would want to start a vacation being denied entry to the happiest place on earth??)

3. A seller is only as good as their current transaction - there are people who sell a few "real" ones, get good feedback, then get greedy and sell "fake" ones, knowing they won't be caught right away; people also pad feedback just to scam people.

Never buy anything from eBay that can't be shipped, insured, and verified on arrival. There is simply no way to know if tickets are good or not until they are swiped on Disney property. Not a risk worth taking!

N.E.D.

In the past the tickets were just tickets! Now, everyone has to do the finger I.D..

cjb71870 said:
In the past the tickets were just tickets! Now, everyone has to do the finger I.D..

They've had these rules since they began selling multi-day passes in the 80's. I'm not sure when the law went into effect (and I'm sure Disney supported it), but FL state law currently prohibits the resale of unused admission days anywhere.

N.E.D.

I read a story on another board about this. The OP is an employee at Disney and has worked the turnstiles in the past. He told the story of a large family(they had several children) who handed him their passes, but they were all denied. Come to find out all the passes had been bought on Ebay with NO days left. The family was very upset about this...can you imagine how the children must have felt? They were taken to guest relations if I remember right and the employee had no idea if they were ever let into the parks or not. How sad. I think its only common sense that you don't buy tickets on Ebay...

Just a note: completely unused passes *may* be resold (legitimate brokers like Ticketmania do this). Partially-used passes may not be.

There are some unused convention tickets on ebay, but (amazingly) the often are bid up higher than the equivalent MYW tickets, so know the prices. Convention tickets are short-duration, and include one admission to PI or DQ.

You might get a good deal, or you might get ripped off. I wouldn't chance it.

I believe in the adage "If it appears too good to be true....." Unfortunately, the world is full of people who can't wait to make a buck ripping off unsuspecting vacationers.

well, perhaps i screwed up-too bad i didn't find this forum before i purchased my tickets. i DID buy tickets (2 day park hoppers) off e-bay from a seller with over 3000 feedbacks & no negatives. i'm a dedicated e-bayer (if albeit naive in this case) and i never considered that with all the research i'd done i MIGHT still be getting ripped off. after reading this thread earlier i contacted the seller for reassurance my passes would work-he didn't come out and guarantee they would, which makes me slightly nervous, but he did point out that LOTS of others have left positive feedback after their trips indicating their tickets worked fine, so i'm praying i have nothing to worry about. granted, i won't put myself through this again, and will be taking along our tickets from 2003 (which were purchased in a package through disney travel) that still have a day left on them & no expiration date. *sigh* the things we put ourselves through for our children...

Donya

Brian Noble said:
Just a note: completely unused passes *may* be resold (legitimate brokers like Ticketmania do this). Partially-used passes may not be.

There are some unused convention tickets on ebay, but (amazingly) the often are bid up higher than the equivalent MYW tickets, so know the prices. Convention tickets are short-duration, and include one admission to PI or DQ.

You might get a good deal, or you might get ripped off. I wouldn't chance it.
I have a friend who just bought convention tickets for a convention she is going to in October. She says that the website said the tickets are only good during the a day before the convention througn a couple of days after the convention. So I'd also beware of buying unused convention tickets.

Power sellers on ebay can pay to have their negative feedback removed for a fee.

The odds of somebody doing 3000 transactions with no negative feedback is very unusual. I'd be willing to bet he's paid ebay to have any feedback removed.

ESPECIALLY if he's selling stuff like used tickets.

Good luck, and be prepared to possibly have to buy tickets when you're down there...

I would never buy tickets on ebay. I work at my local Disney Store and last spring alot of our tickets came up missing. We figure someone will probably try to sell them on ebay. These tickets were not activated at all. They have to be activated at the registers when you pay for them.

i could be wrong,but i remember someone posting that is was illegal to sell disney tickets on e bay. like another poster said too good to be true well you know the rest.

Twice in the last 2 years I experienced "de magnetized" tickets on tickets directly from Disney but since i had receipt and surrounding good tickets just had to go to Guest Services.
So even if seller thinks they are valid they may not work at the gate.

i've sent my tickets to a lifelong friend of my mom's who lives in orlando-she's going to take them to guest relations at MK and have them scanned to see if they work-thank goodness i paid through paypal with my credit card-if the tickets are fake i should be able to get satisfaction through one or the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter