Buying more points on DCL Cruises

weich1001

Wendi
Does anyone know if they still offer point resales while onboard DCL?

If so, are their anymore discounts given, in addition to the regular price?

Where can I locate a list of current prices offered directly thru DVC (not a resale store). I know I can probably get this thru my agent as well, I was just looking for quick answers on the Boards.

Thank you!

DVC technically does not do resales, they sell points for all resorts at direct pricing. This applies to points previously sold & taken back (ROFR, forclosure, etc) and to points not yet sold.

You can purchase points while on a cruise. The incentives are reportedly the same as if buying shore side, but you may (depending on number of points purchased) get an on-board credit for use during that cruise.

Fresh off the Fantasy and bought DVC there!

No incentives for VGF, but there was an OBC for Aulani that was dependant upon how many points you bought.

We were also given 2013 UY points as they had leftover inventory? CM made it sound like that could have been a limited offer.

HTH

We were also given 2013 UY points as they had leftover inventory? CM made it sound like that could have been a limited offer.

HTH

Depending on your use year you may have just got the points you were due. We are still in the April 2013 use year right now I believe. Either way that will give you a nice loaded contract to vacation with. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship hope to take a DCL trip someday :)

Depending on your use year you may have just got the points you were due. We are still in the April 2013 use year right now I believe. Either way that will give you a nice loaded contract to vacation with. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship hope to take a DCL trip someday :)

We are currently in the April, 2014 Use Year. The Use Years remaining from 2013 are June, Aug, Sep, Oct and Dec (there are no January, May, July or November Use Years). Any current purchase with a June, Aug, Sep, Oct or Dec Use Year will receive all points from the 2013 Use Year.

No incentives for VGF, but there was an OBC for Aulani that was dependant upon how many points you bought.

HTH

DVC has always (with the exception the first few months for sales of brand new resorts) included all points from the current Use Year when you purchase. If they are selling resorts with an October Use Year, you would get a full compliment of points from the (October) 2013 Use Year and the same number of points again on October 1, 2014. While the guides may "suggest" that this might be a limited offer, it has been in place since 1992. If a resort had not yet opened in October of the prior year, they may not have any points available from the October (or earlier) Use Year but otherwise you would get all points. DVC direct purchases also always prorate the maintenance fees based on the purchase date (not the closing date). If you purchase on June 30, your annual fees would be 50% of the full year fees. If you purchase on September 30, they would be 25% of the full fees. This is contrary to how many purchase resales, where the seller may expect full reimbursement for the number of "current" points in the contract even for a purchase late in the calendar year.

Your purchase did not include "leftover" inventory, it was exactly what you were entitled to with any direct purchase.

Regardless, .... Welcome Home! :teeth:

HTH

This is a common sales tactic. You didn't get a "bonus".....you got what you paid for.

Where can I locate a list of current prices offered directly thru DVC (not a resale store). I know I can probably get this thru my agent as well, I was just looking for quick answers on the Boards.

Thank you!

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/pricing-a-promotions

Be sure you know the incentives before going on the cruise. It's possible the cruise might end up with the same TOTAL; a $500 OBC might translate to $500 "developer credit" on land, for instance. ("might"! I don't know. just telling you to make sure you know the numbers.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter