• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying meals while flying?

Liz

Make a miracle!
I guess as part of the cutbacks airlines are doing they are charging if you eat their meals now. Aside from all the jokes about how bad airline food typically is, at least it kind of gave us something to do for a little bit! Just wondering if anyone knows what it costs if you do buy one of their meals? We are flying Delta.

Thanks!

Flying to Phoenix (I caught a connecting flight from ATL on Delta), I think I recently paid $8 for a grilled chicken sandwich. To be honest, I thought the sandwich was very tasty (and filling!). I figured I would have spent at least that much at an airport restaurant for a sandwich that was that good.

Would I do it again? Frankly, only if I was flying that distance.

Dave

We always bring food when we fly domestically. There is a good deli on our route to the airport, so I call them up in advance and have them pack up meals for myself and DH. DS gets a Lunchable, which is a big treat as he's normally not allowed them. We just pick up the bag on the way to the airport. I do make sure not to order anything particularly aromatic, or anything that would require a knife to eat.

It always works out great, and we get lots of envious looks. On one SWA flight where we were delayed on the runway at takeoff, we almost considered auctioning off our food; we could have made a mint! When you carry your own you can guarantee that the selection has something you like, and it is almost always WAY cheaper, unless you are a caviar and foie gras kind of picnicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter