• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying Just A Pay As You Go Simm Card

londondude

love the florida feeling
Guy's and Girl's

I have a TMOBILE fone which i bought from walmart last year, But ive been told the simm card dies if you dont top it up with a certain period. I was just wondering if there is a place where i can buy just a simm card, *** u really dont wanna pay out for a new fone again.

:thumbsup2

I don't know if TMOBILE works the same, but I bought a Virgin Pay as you go at the Downtown Megastore last trip.

We didn't keep it topped up when we returned so we lost what few minutes we had left.

Since then, my wife has taken it to New York on a shopping trip. She was able to buy new minutes and have them added to the SIM card. She had to re-register, and was given a new phone number - but she didn't have to buy a new phone or a new sim.

Andrew

Don't know the answer but just want to say thank you for putting this topic up. I hadn't thought of buying a pay as you go phone while we're there, might just do that!

Vhat did you pay for the Virgin phone?
I can't remember exactly. I think it was just short of $100 with a couple of hundred minutes on the card.

I recall that prices started around $50 for the basic phone, and then rose up depending on how many minutes you bought and what pricing plan you took.

I bought mine at Downtown Disney as I was staying on site (Boardwalk), with no way of getting off Disney property (very few wheelchair accessible taxis in Orlando). Besides, who wants to waste valuable vacation time searching all the stores for the best phone deal!!!

aNDREW

I bought an AT and T phone from Radioshack Florida Mall for $29.95 ,with $10 minutes then added more minutes.If you buy $100 0f minutes it is valid for one year,so depends on your usage.

I picked the low call local tariff of about $0.10c per minute,to call my US buddies and bought a phone card from wallmart,$.08c per minute to UK so total cost of calling UK from this Mobile was $.18c ie 9p a minute.

I had thought about buying two pay as you go mobile phones when we got there for our large family to use when we split off for the day.

I have checked places like TARGET (close to our hotel) and they sell pay as you go phones for $15. Presume you then have to buy credit.

My question is - when you register, do you have to give an address, as I thought that you did when you buy a here in the UK - well you did when I last bought one.

If you have to supply an address would the hotel address be acceptable do you think?.

Also how long does it take to activate the phone after registering?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter