• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying in person..

saddison

Earning My Ears
My Fiance and I are WDW lovers and infact we are taking our honeymoon there. We have rented points and love the DVC properties. I am planning to have a downpayment as my "gift" to her for our wedding. I have a few questions though.

Is it relativley easy to purchase DVC on-site?

What will I need in terms of paperwork, proof of income, etc.?

Has anyone else purchased their intial contracts on-site, what were your dealings like?

Hopefully I'll be able to glean some information from the board and have the biggest surprise for my soon to be wife.

Thanks
Sean

Wow, fantastic gift! We bought over the phone ,and through the mail. It would have been easier, and faster if we had done it in person. We had to hire a notary to sign the papers in our home, so that part, while not a hassle, was an extra step.

We signed an agreement on-site, but still had to send back a bunch of things once home. We got a packet with a bunch of contractual information that required previous pay stubs, etc. I'm not 100% sure if we would have had to have it notorized, as we ended up purchasing contracts via resale.

I would go to Disney's Vacation Club website and give them a call. Ask them if you can fill out the paperwork while down there and bring needed docs with you. If not, it will almost be the same as the previous posts's response.

If I may make a suggustion...if you haven't yet, take a look at Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Villas through this site. Both are for sale right now, so you'll need to decide which property you want to be your home resort. The deal is a little sweeter with Saratoga, as I think they're offering both 2006 and 2007 points when you purchase a use year beyond April. Not sure that's still running, though.

Best wishes on both your wedding and your purchase! What an extremely exciting time in your life! :flower3:

Is it relativley easy to purchase DVC on-site?

What will I need in terms of paperwork, proof of income, etc.?

Has anyone else purchased their intial contracts on-site, what were your dealings like?

Sean:

Congratulations on your engagement!

Yes, it is relatively easy to purchase on-site, depending upon your financial situation.

The first time I purchased on site, I had the money for the down-payment. They did a quick credit check (which was absolutely no problem) and from that produced all the paperwork that I would need to make the contract final with them.

If memory serves me correct (and that ol' thing fails the older you get :) ) the process took about a half-hour to 45 minutes. When I left, I was the proud owner of my initial points at the Boardwalk Villas.

Double congratulations on your wedding and your gift! We bought on site. We didn't plan to. Everything was just like what the prevous poster said. We had the down payment and we signed all documents while we were there. The process took less than 45 minutes. It was quite easy, almost too easy! Good luck!

Thanks for all of the replies and congratulations..

Mike, I'd love to have points at the BWV.. especially 670 of them :) It is our favorite resort, the 2nd half of our trip will be spent there..

Unfortunately I think we are going to wind up going with SSR to get the extra mileage as well as the location.. The Fiance loves DTD as compared to the AKV, she's a city girl what can I say. It will be interesting to see how "close" Disney came to replicating the feel of Saratoga. We live only 30 min away from the real thing and spend quite a bit of time there during the summer. After all it is "The Summer Place To Be". As far as I'm concerned as long as it is Disney, it is OK with me. I just love being able to step out of reality even if it is for a few short nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter