Buying in before all the new construction is done

erin1715

DIS Veteran
I've been considering buying in to DVC for years now, and I am ready to pull the trigger. The ONLY reason I'm waiting is because we are planning to buy a house hopefully by the end of the year and I don't want to screw that up financially.

That being said, I'm wondering if I wait too close to 2017 when many new attractions will start opening up, if the resale prices are going to rise even more than they are now. What does everyone think about that?

I've been considering buying in to DVC for years now, and I am ready to pull the trigger. The ONLY reason I'm waiting is because we are planning to buy a house hopefully by the end of the year and I don't want to screw that up financially.

That being said, I'm wondering if I wait too close to 2017 when many new attractions will start opening up, if the resale prices are going to rise even more than they are now. What does everyone think about that?

IMO the changes in the parks or DS doesn't really cause the prices to climb. Demand higher than supply does and the word is out about resale, the number of brokers has increased so that adds to the resale activity.

:earsboy: Bill

If the stock market continues to fall, and the economy slows more than it is today, I would imagine the resale prices will drop!

I second that I have been watching the volume of contracts on the market grow recently particularly at VGC which to me has gone too far on the pricing

If you want to buy in to DVC you need to do it when it's right for you, there's no way of knowing what will happen price wise, and I'm sure many on this board would like to have bought at the price when they first start thinking about DVC, I know I would, but I'm still happy with my purchase and it was the right time for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter