• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

buying gift cards

So do I get 5% off if I buy Disney gift cards with my red card at Target stores or not? I'm not really interested in doing the online stuff, but the red card discount would be cool if it applies to Disney gift cards in store.

If you use your Target RED card in the store to purchase the Disney Gift Cards you will get the 5% off (e.g., a $100 Disney Gift Card will only cost $95). It worked as of last week when I bought some Disney gift cards at my local Target store using my Red Card.

I use Cardpool to get electronic Target gift cards at a discount. They usually arrive in my in-box right away. Then I use them to buy the Disney gift cards on the Target site...and still get my 5% Red Card discount. I have never had the problem of the cards not being activated, but I have definitely heard of others having this problem.

When choosing my shipping method from Target.com, I always check the box saying that a signature is required. As someone previously mentioned, this ensures that the Target delivery comes via UPS and not USPS. I don't want $500 worth of gift cards sitting in my mailbox. No way. The gift cards also arrive much more quickly via UPS, and it's still free shipping.

I use Cardpool to get electronic Target gift cards at a discount. They usually arrive in my in-box right away. Then I use them to buy the Disney gift cards on the Target site...and still get my 5% Red Card discount. I have never had the problem of the cards not being activated, but I have definitely heard of others having this problem.

When choosing my shipping method from Target.com, I always check the box saying that a signature is required. As someone previously mentioned, this ensures that the Target delivery comes via UPS and not USPS. I don't want $500 worth of gift cards sitting in my mailbox. No way. The gift cards also arrive much more quickly via UPS, and it's still free shipping.

Actually, I prefer USPS as I live in an apartment building and USPS deliveries are in my mailbox which is only accessible with my key. Whereas UPS delivers throughout the building and on numerous occasions have left packages in front of a neighbors door for "signature required" packages. Anyone walking by (super, other delivery persons, visitors) could just pick up the package and go. Doesn't seem to change how they just leave packages even though I've complained more than once with UPS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter