Buying extra points through MS for one trip

LilGMom

<font color=red>It makes me want to Kiss on the li
I know that recently MS made it possible for members to buy up to 24 points/UY for $15/point (believe that is the current price) but I haven't read much about this so hoping you all can help. I know that I can just call MS but I don't have time to just sit on the phone.

If we want to buy a few extra points for a trip is there a minimum number of points that we have to buy or can we buy just what we need? Is there a transacation fee that we have to pay too or are we just responsible for the total amount for the extra points? Anything else that you all might think would be helpful would be appreciated. Thanks!!

You can buy up to 24 points extra, but it has to be after the 7 month window has opened to make it fair.

I believe its also a once per UY thing and all the extra points have to be done in a single transaction. You couldn't buy 14 now and then buy 10 more 3 months from now.

And, I also believe they are one time use which means if you cancel the reservation they are attached to, they are gone.

We have already used this great option with Member Services. The guidelines as I was told are:

1.) Can purchase up to 24 points one time per UY per member ID. We
happen to have 2 different member IDs because we have 2 different
UY(s) so technically we have available to us another 48 points if
needed....woo hoo to that!!
2.) Right now the price is $15.00 which includes the actual point cost+taxes
and there are no other 'transaction fee'.
3.) They have to be used within that use year so they can not be banked.
4.) If you cancel a ressie in which you bought some of these points you do
not lose them but they remain in your account for the UY they were
bought in.

I LOVE this new option. I can see myself buying these quite often. We needed just three(3) extra points to add another night to our stay in January 2011. So in other words were were able to stay the extra night for $45.00 out of pocket (of course we had our points for the rest of the cost) but I think that is an awesome deal...can I say LOVE it again??!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter