Buying Disney gift cards at Lowes

....is giving 5% cashback on Lowe's purchses thru June 30th. I'm going to see if my lowes carries giftcards. I never even thought to check, but I will now. Thanks Op!

Have you tried this? I have a chase freedom card too. I don't usually shop in lowes but if gift cards count toward the 5% then it might be worth checking out what they have!

Lowe's also does a military discount. I wonder if that would apply to gift cards.

Now to figure out if Best Buy sells Disney gift cards LOL

I checked my store the other day and they don't. Only best buy, visa and kindle (amazon) cards. I don't know if other stores carry them.

I went to Sam's the other day and mine stopped carrying the disney ones.

Have you tried this? I have a chase freedom card too. I don't usually shop in lowes but if gift cards count toward the 5% then it might be worth checking out what they have!

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to. Unfortunately I won't know if I get the 5% till I get my statement at the end of June. But I don't know why it wouldn't work? When they give 5% at Grocery Stores I'm able to buy the gift cards and get the 5%, thinking this should work the same way. I'm only buying what I would anyway so if I don't get the 5% its no biggie.

:)
I am sorry if this has already been answered else wherer, but I did a fast search and could not find it.
I know that at Target I can buy Disney gift cards and use my target card and get 5% off, but my local target does not have any.
I noticed at my local Lowes they have the $25 Disney cards and with my Lowes card I get 5% off purchases, but does it work there like it does at Target?
Has anyone here bought any there using their Lowes card?

I actually bought some at Lowes last year in 2 batches. The day we left I went back and bought 4 more. Extra won't hurt right. My first batch I called when I got home to make sure they were activated. When I tried to use one at Epcot the first day from the second batch it said it was not activated and I had the receipts. No problem right? They are Disney gift cards and I was at Disney. My Lowes had a problem with all gift cards they sold that day and they could only be activated there. It wasn't a total disaster. It was $50.00. We survived but just double check. Oh and they told me at our Lowes gift cards did not qualify for 5%.

That's because of the agreement the stores have with the gift card company. The one at the grocery store I work at is called Blackhawk Gift Cards and they can only be purchased with cash or credit/debit. No store credit.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've been considering getting a Safeway gc with mypoints and using it to buy a Disney gc. Others have said they've been able to do it, but you never know. I called my Safeway and the manager told me that you could, but I'm still not sure it will actually go through when the time comes. I know I could get a Target gc instead, but Safeway requires fewer points than Target. I've put off trying it since I don't actually shop at Safeway but hey, I can always get groceries, right?

Unlike Target card, Lowest 5% card is very limited (can not combined with coupons, price matches etc).

I really do not get why people are so crazy about stacking disney gift cards with 5% off. Buying gift cards is not a great idea unless you can budget things exactly. If, for some reason, you lose one gift card or can not use one, all savings are gone. Or worse, you feel you have to use them and do/buy things unnecessarily.

Into crazy as it saves a bundle. Last cruise I went to target with my red card and and 5 percent pharmacy reward card in hand at 9 pm. Purchased 2500 worth and saved 250! Booked cruise vi phone 30 min later. Had a couple hundred left over. Gave them to bill desk last night of cruise to pay the tips. 10 percent off cruise! Woot!:cool1:

Just a heads up, but next quarter (July - Sep) one of the categories the Chase Freedom card is offering 5% on is "amusement parks".

Just a heads up, but next quarter (July - Sep) one of the categories the Chase Freedom card is offering 5% on is "amusement parks".

THANKS! I didn't even realize that! We're going in August so that is perfect for any incidentals while we are there. I wonder if all purchases at Disney qualify? Our tickets and room will be paid for in advance but I wonder if our meals will count toward "amusement parks" or ring up as restaurants and therefore won't qualify. Guess I won't really know until we go but if I don't have enough gift cards it is worth a try.

whoo hoo! That will work out well when I need to buy 14 5 day park hoppers for the January trip ! :)

I know Chase is offering 5% back starting July for "theme parks", however if you want to beat the ticket price increase, buy disney giftcards at Lowe's right now because Chase is offering 5% back on Lowe's purchases.

Went to Lowe's yesterday and bought $450 worth - approximately $16 cash back!

I believe it's classified as a theme park. However, maybe calling Chase with this question will help.

I know Chase is offering 5% back starting July for "theme parks", however if you want to beat the ticket price increase, buy disney giftcards at Lowe's right now because Chase is offering 5% back on Lowe's purchases.

Went to Lowe's yesterday and bought $450 worth - approximately $16 cash back!

When are ticket prices expected to increase and by how much? I'm still waiting on one peice of news to know if we will be able to take our trip this year.

When are ticket prices expected to increase and by how much? I'm still waiting on one peice of news to know if we will be able to take our trip this year.

The last couple of years, the price increase has been in early June. (First Sunday in June?!?!? I think, but am not sure.)

...and our trip is in January and no tickets are availalbe for purchase that far out yet.
Another question...If Disney is classified for the 5% through Chase, could you also do Ebates Orbitz and get that cash back also??

...and our trip is in January and no tickets are availalbe for purchase that far out yet.
Another question...If Disney is classified for the 5% through Chase, could you also do Ebates Orbitz and get that cash back also??

If you purchase through wdw or undercover tourist you can buy your tickets now. I would think ebates would not work in this situation. When I purchased wdw tickets from orbitz it appeared on my cc statement as orbitz, as opposed to wdw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter