• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying Discounted Tickets

ArielDreams

Mouseketeer
I’ve only ever bought park tickets through the official Disney website but we’re trying to save as much as we can this time so I used the ticket finder on Touring Plans and found a great deal from Tripster. However, my order was flagged for verification and now they want me to send them my photo ID and picture of my credit card via email to confirm. They told me this is so Disney can avoid fraud.

So, is this typical for third party ticket vendors?? Like if I decided to switch to Undercover Tourist instead would it be the same? I had no idea this would be a part of it and in this day and age, I’m reluctant to send all that info via email to a company I’m using for the first time. If anyone who has experience buying tickets this way could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

I've never bought from tripster but bought several times from undercover tourist. Never had any issues with undercover tourist and they never wanted a copy of my ID or anything like that. On a really large order one time they wanted me to call in to verify order and make sure it wasn't fraud.

I’ve only ever bought park tickets through the official Disney website but we’re trying to save as much as we can this time so I used the ticket finder on Touring Plans and found a great deal from Tripster. However, my order was flagged for verification and now they want me to send them my photo ID and picture of my credit card via email to confirm. They told me this is so Disney can avoid fraud.

So, is this typical for third party ticket vendors?? Like if I decided to switch to Undercover Tourist instead would it be the same? I had no idea this would be a part of it and in this day and age, I’m reluctant to send all that info via email to a company I’m using for the first time. If anyone who has experience buying tickets this way could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

I have have Undercover Tourist ask me that in the past - I called them and they helped me work through it. I can't speak for Tripster but it seems like it is a common practice. It's nothing I'd be too worried about. I would call them if that is an option.

If the zip code associated with the IP address used to connect to their website is different from your billing zip code, they may flag the transaction as possible fraud and want you to send the items requested as verification.

I bought from Undercover a few months ago and I had no issue with ordering seven 6 day tickets. Then a few days later I ordered one 4 day ticket and that was flagged by UT, which required verification through the credit card company but nothing like what you are explaining.

If it is a brick and mortar store then I’ll gladly show you my ID and credit card but no way I’d email them that information even if the tickets were free.

Wow. We have dealt with UT with a Mousesavers discount for years. I would also not personal stuff like that on the Internet.

@ArielDreams I have heard of that but haven't experienced it myself. It's been reported here before. I'll try to dig up the thread. But I think you may be able to resolve their verification if you call UT directly.

Enjoy your vacation!

I have heard of this practice, but never experienced it. No way would i be comfortable sending what they are asking. I used UT with no problems. I would try them.

I've used UT several times and on a couple of occassions when I've ordered from a different computer than normal, it gets flagged and I have to call them to verify my info. However, they have never asked me to send copies of my photo ID and/or credit card. If a ticket company asked me to do that, I would cancel my transaction and take my business elsewhere.

If the zip code associated with the IP address used to connect to their website is different from your billing zip code, they may flag the transaction as possible fraud and want you to send the items requested as verification.

It's possible that a transaction could be flagged due to country of the originating IP, which I guess is sort of related to a zip code. But in general, IP addresses are not "tied" to zip codes.

I would not be comfortable sharing information like that through email. I would say call them and verify or cancel the order and order the tickets through a verified vendor like UT.

A few years ago I ordered tickets for my BF from Undercover Tourist and they sent me an email asking for a pic of his photo ID and credit card to verify it wasn't fraud.

Not through email. Bad idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter