Buying direct from Disney

pchivvy

Earning My Ears
One of my friends is interested in buying in but is only prepared to buy from disney despite my efforts to persuade him otherwise.

He asked me what the deposit would be for a 160 point contract, anyone know? He is expecting a call later from the rep from DVC but asked if I knew.

Thanks

The exact amount would depend on where he is buying. I believe the minimum down payment is 10% of the contract price, though if you finance through Disney as well, the rate is much better when you put down 20.

They really know how to suck people in. Man they're good.

If he's financing, I believe it's 20% down. I don't even know what the crazy, blown out of proportion prices are now, but isn't like $160 or something?

So 160 point contract, at $160 per point (if that's what it is), 20% down would be $5,120.

I'm not a math whiz, but I think that's right. If the price per point is different, obviously that will be different.

They really know how to suck people in. Man they're good. If he's financing, I believe it's 20% down. I don't even know what the crazy, blown out of proportion prices are now, but isn't like $160 or something? So 160 point contract, at $160 per point (if that's what it is), 20% down would be $5,120. I'm not a math whiz, but I think that's right. If the price per point is different, obviously that will be different.

It's $165 I believe..
We bought in at $155, but only b/c we had looked at DVC for YEARS, and didn't want any other resort besides VGF.. After doing some more research we found it was to our benefit to buy 150 points at VGF and 120 at AKV resale..
And altho AKV is not our fav resort, we plan to use those points on trip we do not want to stay at VGF.. This worked out perfect for us.. Maybe try suggesting that.. Buy 1/2 from Disney and then take the money the would have spent and buy as many points as they get from AKV or SSr..

Can buy direct at any of the resorts and pricing begins at $115pp (VB and HHI) and goes up to $165pp (BLT).

One of my friends is interested in buying in but is only prepared to buy from disney despite my efforts to persuade him otherwise.

He asked me what the deposit would be for a 160 point contract, anyone know? He is expecting a call later from the rep from DVC but asked if I knew.

Thanks

JMO: buy the smallest contract you can initially which I think is now 100 points. 100 pts gives a nice 'toe in the water' without a large financial ding (especially if your financing).

Ask the guide whats on the table presently for around 100 pts (6N in BC is under 100 pts - last May went Wed-Tues) and purchase it. The annual dues would be around $500. The cost would be small enough that even financed you could probably pay it off very early.

The guide can help you set up a vacation right then so you might want that info decided before the call.

::yes:: JMO

Thanks

Not knowing what your friend will be buying and/or the terms of the purchase, he should talk to his Guide about the details.

:earsboy: Bill

Since we just went on the presentation 2 weeks ago I know this one. You have 2 options, it's either:

10% down and the interest rate is either 11.9% or 12.99%. I'm fairly sure it's 12.99% but wasn't positive.

or

20% down and the interest rate is 9.99%.

Since we just went on the presentation 2 weeks ago I know this one. You have 2 options, it's either:

10% down and the interest rate is either 11.9% or 12.99%. I'm fairly sure it's 12.99% but wasn't positive.

or

My understanding is that Disney also assigns the interest rate depending on your credit score.

:earsboy: Bill

That may be true, but as they didn't run our credit, this is the best advertised rate.

Thanks
If he's asking about deposit and trying to finance, he likely can't afford it anyway. However, he's already ignored your good advice for resale so I doubt you'd have much luck getting him not to buy something he can't afford. I had a similar experience with a friend about different timeshare (who could afford it I suspect) but ended up paying thousands for something worth pennies on the dollar. About all you can do at this point is respond to direct questions. For example, if he ask you if you think it's worth it, you respond by letting him know it's not if he finances and/or buys retail. Hopefully he'll do enough research to come to the conclusion on his own or with the help of thread's like this.

That may be true, but as they didn't run our credit, this is the best advertised rate.

Disney won't run a credit check if you are an existing member and your dues are current. You will get their best rate regardless of score. (Their best rate isn't very good though)

or

:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter