Buying Dining Plan before Free Dining is announced

anniebean

Flyers fan stuck in Tennessee
Ok, if we add dining to our reservation in September, but a few months from now free dining is offered for those dates, will they deduct the price of it if we call? Either way, we want the DDP.

Yes, you can book with DDP now and then change to the promotion if it is released for your dates (you may have to change resorts or room categories if the free dining is not available for what you have already booked.)

The type of ddp offered depends on type of resort but you can always pay the difference if you want an upgraded ddp. You can book it now or wait until free dfp if offered. If you book now you will have to call to have it adjusted, as i understand it, (i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong) there is a limited number of rooms per offer, so call when it is announced, either way

Yes, you have to call. They will not adjust your reservation to add the promotion automatically. Not only do they limit the number of rooms per resort, but the number of room categories. Some categories may not be eligible at certain resorts at all.

If you book at a value or a moderate resort and the "Free Dining Plan" becomes available then you "may" need to pay an upgrade fee to get the Regular Dining Plan (it really depends on the promo that is being offered).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter