buying beer and liquor???

MICKEY1024

Mouseketeer
i am staying in the all star movie resort just wondering if they sold alchol in the gift shop or anyhting, or our first night we are going to ohana for dinner thought i read somewhere that they might be a store in that hotel. anyone know if they sell alchol that we can take back to our hotel such as a 12 pack of fifths of liquior, and hope much more over priced are they?????

AHAHAH!!! If you dont have a car, expect to pay alot.. We were at CSR and a six back of Bud was $17.... from the gift shop....

yeah, you can buy beer and liquor in the gift shop at ASM but I'd suggest bringing you're own liquor in a plastic bottle that will travel. thats how we do it, if you're jonesing for a beer you can always over pay at the shop or get one when you're on the prowl. good luck!

GEEZZZ.....17 for a 6 pack, well we rather have liquor but we are flying so how would that work out????

We didn't fly but used Amtrak into Kissimmee and had a car service pick us up just so we could utilize the 30 minute grocery stop. ON route 192, there is a Publix and right next door a liquor store. Great for us, we stocked up on groceries, sandwich fixings and snacks and beer and pop and next door got the Jack Daniels and wine. Best money I ever spent to get to the World with that stop. We were at the WL for 10 days and them cold ones in the fridge hit the spot especially at 6 bucks a 12 pack. Always went to the pool with a salami sandwich, chips, beer and some ice for Jack.

We UPS boxes to ourselves at the resort address with our food and liquor in it. For beer, we go offsite to purchase (too heavy to UPS it).

We use wegoshop.com to deliver to our resort.They have delivered beer and wine with our order, and I imagine they would deliver liquor as well. The delivery fee is $17, I think but we definietley saved that over shopping in the gift shops. A bottle of water was $2.50 eacg in the gift shop 2 years ago.
We ordered breakfast things, cheese crackers, snacks, beer, wine, water, soda, juice and coffee. It was wll worth it to us.

Another option would be to take a Disney bus to the Marketplace on hotel plaza blvd and walk over to S. Apopka. There is a grocery with beer, wine. liquor etc there.

I'd guess the one way walk would be 1/2 mile. I wouldn't want to walk with a case of spirits but 2-3 bottles and a 12 pack in grocery bags wouldn't be so bad. Also, there are sidewalks the whole way.

Maybe someone can name that grocery.

GEEZZZ.....17 for a 6 pack, well we rather have liquor but we are flying so how would that work out????

Well, I've never taken liquor to Disney World, but I did purchase Saki to take home. Now that you can not take liquids in your carry on, I wrapped the bottle in paper, then wrapped it up in a towel and placed that in a plastic bag and put it in my luggage to be checked in, it transported fine. I'm not sure if you want to do that but it seems as though it would work. Another option would be to pour it in a plastic bottle, I would just make sure it is wrapped in a towel and put in a plastic bag in case it leaks.

We didn't fly but used Amtrak into Kissimmee and had a car service pick us up just so we could utilize the 30 minute grocery stop. ON route 192, there is a Publix and right next door a liquor store. Great for us, we stocked up on groceries, sandwich fixings and snacks and beer and pop and next door got the Jack Daniels and wine. Best money I ever spent to get to the World with that stop. We were at the WL for 10 days and them cold ones in the fridge hit the spot especially at 6 bucks a 12 pack. Always went to the pool with a salami sandwich, chips, beer and some ice for Jack.

My DH and I also go to the Publix and stock up on beer for our 9 night stay. It is much cheaper to buy it there of course then at Disney for as much we go through:rotfl:. We love to pack the cooler full of beer on ice and sit by the pool.

Suggest you use one of the various online grocers to deliver it to your room.

Or, worth the cost to get a taxi, go to publix or goodings and just buy it while they wait.

That way you can get other things and save a ton of money

good luck

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest