• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying autograph books at FW

jodipaige2004

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We are coming to the cabins on April 19th and hitting MK first thing the next morning for a character breakfast before the park opens - so, can we get our much-needed autograph books at FW the night we check in?

Jodi

There are two stores at the Fort, the Settlement Trading Post and the Meadows Trading Post,,I think you can get autograph books at both,, If you get there before they close, which I believe to be 10:PM

DH and I brought a collection of disney books with us to be signed- the characters got a kick out of it and we have more than autograph books to remember our trip by. I went through and marked with a post it note where the characters could sign and the characters who weren't in the book got either the front or back cover pages to sign.

Try Disney Bedtime Favorites or Disney's Classic Story Book. We used the Christmas Story book in Dec.

You can purchase the autograph books at the trading posts.
I always make sure to bring along some rubber bands and
when a page is signed I slip it under the band so the next blank page is ready. Keep a pen with the book too. The characters seem to appreciate my having the page ready for them. We have 3 books going at one time...one for each child. We have 3 in wheel chairs and may have a 4th when we are there next December/January.

Judy and the Angels

Having the page marked like that helps a lot. Kids love holding the books out all ready to hand to the character. It gets to be their turn, and the first thing they do is shut the book and hand it to the character.

So wrapping a rubber band around it works nicely. Clickable sharpies are good too. Characters can open and close them with no problems, and then you don't have to worry about a kid holding an open sharpie and getting it all over themselves. Regular caps for markers or pens are just too hard for them to get off.
And one pen will suffice. How would you like to be writing a letter to some one and every two words you had to pick up a different pen to write with? Once it's in their hand, it's best to let them keep it in their hand until all autographs are done.

Autograph book tip:

Each time you get a autograph, fip that page out and stuff it in your pants pocket, then the next time all you have to do is open the book and you have a fresh page for signing.

At the end of your trip take all the pages out of your pockets and tape them back in the autograph book in any order you want them. (sorta gives you the feel of scrap-booking)

NOTE:
(be sure not to wash your pants before removing pages)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter