Buying Aulani

Only 5 subsidized AUL contracts on the market right now, but if you look at the rofr threads including recent ones, nearly all the AUL contracts selling on disboards are subsidized. I wonder if AUL resale is like this generally or if, once again, the disboards skew the whole thing :D

Only 5 subsidized AUL contracts on the market right now, but if you look at the rofr threads including recent ones, nearly all the AUL contracts selling on disboards are subsidized. I wonder if AUL resale is like this generally or if, once again, the disboards skew the whole thing :D
Disboards skewing everything! I’m very tempted by the most recent one! Need to restrain myself! Do not need more points… put the phone down…

Disboards skewing everything! I’m very tempted by the most recent one! Need to restrain myself! Do not need more points… put the phone down…
it's SO stripped - there are others with prices not far off that actually have points for 2025...

it's SO stripped - there are others with prices not far off that actually have points for 2025...
The sellers are being stubborn. I tried to engage with them but they don't seem interested in negotiating.

It's literally as stripped as anything can possibly be. I'll be fascinated to see where that one goes. Subsidized tells me "high" but insanely stripped and a pretty big contract in the first place tells me "low."

I don't think that one is subsidized.
Is it a mistake in the listing? Or am I just going mad?
Friendly reminder not to discuss specific listings or this whole thread could get shut down by mods.

RIP Buying Grand Cal thread….
I didn’t shut down a thread but I did have some comments deleted…my bad 🫣

But, I believe the one you’re all talking about is subsidized. It says so at the top of the listing and the math makes sense.

IMO if you are on Disboards, you are educating yourself and not just making a blind decision. I was reprimanded by a broker on one of the FB groups when I suggested to the poster, who was looking to buy a contract and was asking for recommendations to a good brokers, that she should find a contract first that she was interested and then make an offer and the broker did not matter. Then I posted a link to the website that shows the current contracts for sale with links to the brokers listing them.

I still have not received closing docs for either of my Aulani contracts…. anyone else had better luck?

I still have not received closing docs for either of my Aulani contracts…. anyone else had better luck?

Nope, still waiting. I was originally told that the title company is backed up and to expect it to take longer than usual.
For the 250 pt one I reached out to Julie at First Am about payment and she told me that they are waiting on the seller to sign an affidavit because the LLLP has been dissolved. She emailed yesterday and said the seller still hasn't signed this yet :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter