Buying Aulani

Yeahhh I mean we say that on here, but I think we all know the seller regrets pricing them for that much anyways given how they responded after the first couple went quickly.
Possibly true though i also think the price couldn't have been much higher to still sell. I'm guessing the LLLP isn't hurting for money.

Clearly priced to sell but would those of you who purchased not bought if the seller had them posted at a firm $130? That’s more than $12000 left on the table for maybe a few extra weeks or waiting for the seller.

I agree that $120 was a stretch but made more sense because of double points.

That said, The_MT bought a sub contract with almost double points for $110 just a month ago.

I agree, I would not have offered at $130, contract was much larger than I wanted and was not one of my UY. Seller priced it right at $120 for me to jump in. A contract is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. Would be interesting to know did the seller receive $130 for the last contract or did he drop the price back down to $120.

Clearly priced to sell but would those of you who purchased not bought if the seller had them posted at a firm $130? That’s more than $12000 left on the table for maybe a few extra weeks or waiting for the seller.
I would not have purchased at $130pp firm.

So maybe money was left on the table….. but those banked points decay in value every month and I think $120pp is fair for both parties.

I said this earlier but the seller tried to remain firm at $125 on mine and I said no thanks.
But if someone else did buy the last one for $130, I don’t think that’s terrible either. I said no to $125 because of AstroBlasters buying at $120 haha!
I agree that $120 was a stretch but made more sense because of double points.

That said, The_MT bought a sub contract with almost double points for $110 just a month ago.
I would not have purchased at $130pp firm.

So maybe money was left on the table….. but those banked points decay in value every month and I think $120pp is fair for both parties.
This is all very good to know. I don’t plan to ever buy Aulani but I’m just prepping to eat my words (and get a fair price) in the future when I eventually buy Aulani.

This is all very good to know. I don’t plan to ever buy Aulani but I’m just prepping to eat my words (and get a fair price) in the future when I eventually buy Aulani.
Aulani is a very nice resort and makes going to Hawaii financially feasible for us when combined with Alaska’s CC Companion Fare.

With kids we can only go during the busy season and like the peace of mind of the 11m window.

The resort is also a point chart hog and buying unsubsidized points at $90–100 or subsidized between $110-120 makes that buying those points a lot easier.

#TeamGrandVilla

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 16
Yeah I probably wouldn’t have bought at $130. It was reading the explanation on this thread of sub vs unsub and seeing the sub at $120 with the lower dues still come out ahead of the unsub at $85-$90 that convinced me. And Aulani is our favorite overall DVC resort. We just bum around the resort with absolutely no plans and totally relaxed when we are there. I still love WDW for all the nice restaurants there. DL is home park so that’s always that. But hubs actually wants to go to Aulani 🤣🤣

Yeah I probably wouldn’t have bought at $130. It was reading the explanation on this thread of sub vs unsub and seeing the sub at $120 with the lower dues still come out ahead of the unsub at $85-$90 that convinced me. And Aulani is our favorite overall DVC resort. We just bum around the resort with absolutely no plans and totally relaxed when we are there. I still love WDW for all the nice restaurants there. DL is home park so that’s always that. But hubs actually wants to go to Aulani 🤣🤣
And you never feel bad if you use your Aulani points somewhere else…. not the same feeling with my dipped in gold VGC points….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter