• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying another contract?

hthrbells

DIS Veteran
Hey all,
So we currently own 100 points at Kidani. We are toying with the idea of buying more points. Is Kidani still for sale? We realize that when we purchased we were just traveling with my immediate family the first week in Dec every other year. Now we take my inlaws and we are going to start going in April because of school vacations. I'd also love to do a 3 bedroom villa.
So do we do a resale? Or points at another hotel? That would not be good because we would not be able to book at the 11 month window right? I'm still lost with all of this after owning for 3 years now. Help! Many thanks!

If you already own direct or before the restrictions, there is no advantage to buying direct again. Resale will save about 50% on the price. Or many more points for the same cash up front.

Can you buy resale through DVC? Would I also be able to do that so I could book at Kidani at the 11 month window? Thank you so much for your help!

You buy resale on the resale market, not through Disney. In doing so you don't pay their mark up which can double your purchase price.

You need to take some time and decide what you really want to do, GV's are expensive and owning at more than one resort has it's benefits.

:earsboy: Bill

You can't buy resale thru Dvc. But you can still book 11 months out regardless of where you bought the points. You just might not be able to get the same use year. We have 1400 points at 7 resorts, most of which are bought resale. And four different use years. Never seems to be a problem.

Thank you. I will look into that. Any suggestions? Also the GV was just a thought for one trip. We would mostly be doing a 2BR. I'm overwhelmed lol. I appreciate the fast replies. Thank you for your help.
Best,
Heather

If you want to buy more AKV points there are at least 5 reputable resale brokers & 65+ AKV contracts currently listed on the market asking $75-98 per point.
The Timeshare Store has several AKV listings, they are a DIS sponser & I've read good things about them. Take a look at the ROFR thread for an idea of what people are paying for resale contracts.
If you buy in the same use year (month) using the same names on the deed you will keep your membership number & you'll be able to use all those points @ AKV at 11 months. You can finance a resale purchase.
You could buy another resort & if you buy in the same use year you'll have the same membership number. You can use points from both resorts at 7 months wherever you can find an opening.
Or if you decide to add on at a new resort you can bank & borrow to alternate your stays at AKV & your new resort and have an 11 month booking window for each.
If you chose a different use year than your current use year you'll have 2 memberships & may need to transfer points to combine them for a reservation.
Disney could probably sell you more AKV points - but I can't think of a reason to go that route when you can add on via resale for about half the price & you already have member benefits via your first contract.

Hey all,
So we currently own 100 points at Kidani. We are toying with the idea of buying more points. Is Kidani still for sale? We realize that when we purchased we were just traveling with my immediate family the first week in Dec every other year. Now we take my inlaws and we are going to start going in April because of school vacations. I'd also love to do a 3 bedroom villa.
So do we do a resale? Or points at another hotel? That would not be good because we would not be able to book at the 11 month window right? I'm still lost with all of this after owning for 3 years now. Help! Many thanks!
I agree, it makes no sense to buy retail for AKV assuming you're looking at more than 50 points though you could almost certainly do so if you chose. As to whether to add on there vs another resort, it depends. If the 3 BR is just the one trip, you won't need enough AKV points for that routinely. Otherwise it depends on your usage plans. For many, a different home resort in this situation is the best choice so you can reserve something at 11 months that you might not be able to get otherwise OR you could get points that are cheaper, possibly SSR. Where do you like to stay (not think you'd like) for non AKV stays?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter