Buying a bottle of sake

castle4us

Mouseketeer
If I buy a bottle of sake at the Japan department store, will they send it over to the resort that we are staying at or is that not allowed being it is alcohol?

Yes they will. The last time I went to buy moonshine at Epcot, they wouldn't even let me carry it out of the park. They were going to force me to send up to the front to pick up on my way out, or send to resort. (Not sure if this rule has changed, that was three months ago - as with everything Disney, changes can be made daily.)

If I buy a bottle of sake at the Japan department store, will they send it over to the resort that we are staying at or is that not allowed being it is alcohol?
They will send the sake to the Epcot front gate or back gate, depending on which gate you're departing from. Expect a time wait for the delivery to make its way to the gate, maybe a few hours. Ask when buying the sake.

From my personal knowledge, in times past a guest could purchase wine/beer/alcohol at the food & wine festival and carry it with them after purchase. We noticed last year that this had changed, and alcohol had to be delivered by Disney to the exit gate for pickup there.

Just to clarify one thing: food and alcohol were never items that Disney delivered to resorts (from the parks/DTD) thru their complimentary package delivery service.

They will send the sake to the Epcot front gate or back gate, depending on which gate you're departing from. Expect a time wait for the delivery to make its way to the gate, maybe a few hours. Ask when buying the sake.

From my personal knowledge, in times past a guest could purchase wine/beer/alcohol at the food & wine festival and carry it with them after purchase. We noticed last year that this had changed, and alcohol had to be delivered by Disney to the exit gate for pickup there.

Just to clarify one thing: food and alcohol were never items that Disney delivered to resorts (from the parks/DTD) thru their complimentary package delivery service.

It changed last year after they had a few incidents according to one CM. It's likely that not during F&W if you are leaving the park right away they may let you carry it with you, it seemed to be something they were extra enforcing just during the F&W festival. But as others said, they will deliver it or worst case make it available for you at the park exit.

This past May at F&G I bought a bottle of sparkling wine, and they still do not deliver it to the resort, but I was allowed to carry it out myself.

Usually it will be sent to the front of the park for you to pick up.

Because most alcohol is a.) alcohol and b.) in glass containers, it can't/shouldn't be carried with you in the park.

In a sit down restaurant, wine can be taken with you (bottle) BUT it's sealed, placed in side a box with the receipt taped on top and then stowed in a plastic bag which is stapled shut to keep you from opening it in the parks I guess?

Not sure about current rules on it being sent to resorts but with higher security measures I'm sure you wont be able to carry it with you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter