Buyer's or Seller's Market?

ffindis

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what folk's who have been following this for a while think. Is the DVC resale market more of a buy's or seller's market at this time? Thanks for any insight.:fish:

Sellers. Sales prices are up, great contracts are moving very fast, and good/average contracts are selling also.

Based on the current state of the point rental market, I would say it's a sellers market. Last year point prices were in the $11-$13 range but now it's more like $13-$15 range. This indicates a strong rental market which translates into high demand for points which can only mean high demand for resales as well.

Agreed - Seller's. Prices are up. I just sold my SSR points in 1 day - full asking price. Basically at the same per point cost I bought them at when SSR opened - less closing fees, etc. I was totally surprised that it sold so fast and that we were offered our full asking price - NEVER expected it.

DVC prices are difficult to predict, although in my opinion I still upside in the current environment. I wouldn't necessarily let this keep you from buying if you've done all your research. There are still deals to be had, but you have to look harder and, more importantly, act quicker than if it was a buyers market. Keep in mind that Disney just raised the prices of sold out resorts in February, so logically one would suspect that this will have some affect on resale prices, even if it's in a small way.

Big time sellers market. A year ago I couldn't sell so I held off, rented the points, and just recently sold higher than I bought an OKW contract for in 2009. Now those contracts appear to be listed even higher. There's a lot to consider though, early in the year you are likely to receive prior paid dues reimbursed but as the year goes on, paying those dues is less attractive for a buyer with new dues coming up in January. This all factors into price. I imagine this sellers market period will last another month, maybe 2. If you want to buy, buy in Q3-Q4 when as a buyer, there is improved negotiating position.

It is definitely a seller's market. Price have been increasing across all the resorts I the last couple of years.

Prices are going up esp for the contracts that expire passed 2042. Just got a call from my guide I think they are increasing prices from disney yet again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter