Buy Now, Use Later - WDW Tickets?

pkelly6

Mouseketeer
Not planning a trip for a few years. If I buy park tickets now through UT, Target, etc. do those days expire? Will I be charged the difference in pricing at the time we actually go?

Not planning a trip for a few years. If I buy park tickets now through UT, Target, etc. do those days expire? Will I be charged the difference in pricing at the time we actually go?

You won't save anything, you'll have to pay the difference. You also may not be able to make a park res with them once they are expired and they may not be fixable by phone.

You won't save anything, you'll have to pay the difference. You also may not be able to make a park res with them once they are expired and they may not be fixable by phone.
Thanks! Guess I'll just stock up on plain ole gift cards.

Yeah. As far as I know they never expire. My DIL's dad found a stack of Disneyland Park admissions in a desk at his new employer back in December. They took them to Disneyland and they were honored. This was back in December. The receipt with them shows they were purchased in 1972. I guess the old company used to give them out as bonuses to employees.

Yeah. As far as I know they never expire. My DIL's dad found a stack of Disneyland Park admissions in a desk at his new employer back in December. They took them to Disneyland and they were honored. This was back in December. The receipt with them shows they were purchased in 1972. I guess the old company used to give them out as bonuses to employees.

They don't lose value but they do expire. So you may not be able to make a park res and you'll have to pay to make it current to the days you want to use them.

They no longer sell no expiration tickets.

i think the only ones that don't expire are ones that were bought back in the stone age under certain old rules. we bought the old wdw non expiring 14 day passes back in 2000 when my youngest had just turned 3. he is now 25, used a couple days a handful of years ago and still has at least 1 day left. the staff at wdw did a double take when as an older teen he presented a child's ticket for entry-i can't imagine how they would react today since he has a full beard and a significant receding hairlineo_O

They don't lose value but they do expire. So you may not be able to make a park res and you'll have to pay to make it current to the days you want to use them.

Maybe the current ones expire, the old one's don't. They did exchange them for current tickets in my DILs case so getting a park reservation was no problem.

Tickets now and going forward are only 'good' for a year.
A 4 day can be used for 4day ticket if used within that year.
After that , you can redeem value you paid toward another ticket.

So don't purchase tickets to ' lock in value' it does not work that way anymore.

Maybe the current ones expire, the old one's don't. They did exchange them for current tickets in my DILs case so getting a park reservation was no problem.

Which is why I said they no longer sell tickets that don't expire. Tickets retain the value and rules that were in place when they were purchased.

Right. It didn't cost me a dime to move my tickets to dates in September 2023, but it will cost me money to move them to January 2024.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter