Buy Kennedy Space Center ticket before or day of rocket launch?

neuend1

Mouseketeer
I am wondering if I must buy a ticket before the Nov 18, 2013 launch or can I just go to the Kennedy Space Center on that day and buy my ticket then? I am an elderly, handicapped, woman and would have to pay $10 for parking, $46 for the tour, and $25 for a handicapped scooter. So I was thinking of driving to the coast/ocean beach at Titusville to see if there might be a place to park near the restroom. If there wasn't space, I thought I would then drive over to the KSC and then buy a ticket. Would this plan work?

I am not an expert on launches, although I was fortunate enough to be invited to view the last shuttle launch at KSC. We were right by the Vehicle Assembly Building. It was an incredible experience.

While the crowds for this launch won't be nearly as large for the Maven Launch, I can't imagine waiting until the day of the launch to buy a ticket; what if they sell out? The area around KSC is a zoo on launch day, you might not even be able to get there in time to buy a ticket.

If I were you, I'd search the internet for more information. I'd also call the KSC Visitor Center for advice.

http://marsmobile.jpl.nasa.gov/maven/watchinperson/

Keep in mind that it is not at all unusual for launches to be delayed. You could be making the trip for nothing.

Yes, you are right. If I buy a ticket to Kennedy Space Center and there isn't a launch then I am out $46. But maybe I don't have to spend that money for a bus tour. Maybe I can get by with a $10 parking ticket. I will have to cal KSC and talk to someone. Thanks for the advice.

I have just been looking at a website that shows the Shuttle Atlantis exhibit.
I don't know how to make a link but here is the URL. http://*************************/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=65725

I was sitting on the fence wondering if I should look at the launch from the outside on Playalinda beach or at the KSC and this website blew me away. I am definitely going to scrounge up the money and go to the Space center itself. Maybe twice as it looks as if this place takes hours to tour.

Unless things have changed, they usually close Playalinda Beach for the launches. One good place to watch the launch is the fishing pier at Titusville. Another is Jetty Park in Cocoa Beach. Parking can be tight in both places, though, unless you get there very, very early.

I called down there and talked to some official asking about Playalinda beach for the upcoming rocket launch in November. He gave me information on parking and fees. There was no mention of closing the beach. Also, there was a rocket launch somewhere around July and there is a YouTube video showing people watching it from Playalinda Beach. I am thinking that maybe they only close the beach for Shuttle launches but not rocket launches.I could be wrong but I don't think that Playalinda Beach will be closed for the November launch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter