Buy Here or at Disney?

peanutsmommy10

Earning My Ears
I am taking my children back to the world March 30 for a 2 week(almost) trip. I am trying to plan things now to bring and was wondering do you guys buy lots of clothing at the world or outlet stores down there or should I stock them up now? They need pjs and love disney ones. Also need spring outfits and sandals or crocs. I'm trying to decide which is the better bet-buy now when I see them or might they be cheaper at walmart down by disney? I don't want to buy too much now because we do come back with a LOT of clothing usually so just wondering what's the best way to budget for buying spring clothing for kids and should I wait for walmart or target down there with disney stuff and just buy a few things here or what? Thanks. Also, where's the best place to buy good goggles that will last? And What else do you guys recommend taking for kids? Trying to get together a packing list. 5 kids and myself:) Thanks.

Generally I think the stores around much of Disney tend to be a bit higher in prices simply for the fact that they know they have a lot of vactioners with money to burn.

Also in my hometown, I sort of pay attention to the deals more than I would say at disney.
Now tee shirts might be nice to buy in Orlando because you may see some thing original or different, especially if you can go down by the "cross roads at disney". I think that is state road 535. they have tons of stores selling tee's and even pajamas.

I think for pajamas and such I would definitely get them at home.

For my family I didn't shop in Orlando much. We generally go late August and thats end of the summer, so most of the things we would need we have already purchased plus all the stores are getting rid of their summer merchandise and stuff is 75% off. not to mention the back to school sales I may catch.

I did go to the outlet mall in Orlando but I didn't think the sales were all that great. I think I'm over the outlet craze.

I've never bought clothing or shoes while on vacation at Disney or US/IOA. We make do with what we have on hand or we buy at home before leaving. On vacation, everyone gets one new t-shirt or hat as a souvenier.

I would definitely buy stuff at home if you need it -- why buy a whole wardrobe of overpriced things that need to be washed before wearing? Especially pajamas -- the amount of sizing they put in those things makes them stiff and itchy to wear. And if you would have a washing machine available to wash new clothes, just bring one week's worth and wash while you're there! You can find cute disney stuff on sale at lots of places -- buy new and wash them at home and surprise the kids with them if you want to, but I wouldn't want to take the time or spend the money while I'm on vacation.

Bring some things to entertain them in line, make sure you have your first-aid kit (bandaids, tylenol, sunscreen, etc), maybe get them some disposable cameras to have fun with, a little backpack or fanny pack for each kid (I bring a big bag of snacks -- fruit roll-ups, granola bars, etc -- and let them put a few in their own bag each morning, so they can take care of their own snack needs during the day), an autograph book and pen for each kid, a good sun hat. I've never found goggles that would last. Have a good time!

I wouldn't buy all the stuff down there. What if you couldn't find their size or there isn't anything you like? Plus the previous comment of sizing in the clothes up thread. The goggle I get at Target. They sell speedo brand and they last a good while.

I would never waste valuable vacation time shopping for clothes. Of course I should probably mention that I like clothes shopping about as much as I like going to the dentist. I would probably just go online and be done with it in a few mouse clicks, or make a quick trip to Target a few days before vacation.

Just bought a shirt that I loved for my DS for $5.00 at the local Disney outlet. Last fall the same shirt in WDW was $29.99. Spend your money on a memory while in WDW ie....special tour or photopass. Buy the clothes and little things at the outlet :thumbsup2

For our last trip (and DS's first) I bought a different Disney t-shirt for each day of our trip online from the Disney Store for $5 each with free shipping. DS wore the shirts for 2 summers after our trip. If you have girls, buy a couple of princess outfits at Walmart or Target ahead of time for $20 or even less at a used children's clothing store and spare yourself DD wanting the same costume for $70 at Disney. I also packed glow sticks and bracelets from the dollar store so DS would have something to wear at night without paying many times that at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter