Buy from resale/direct from Disney/ other place?

kc10family

DIS Veteran
This might be the wrong board, but I want to know IYO would you buy from Disney Direct, a resale or from another place?
Please tell me why you would or would not buy from what ever place you would or would not buy from.

It depends on where you want to buy.

If it is SSR, then definitely direct from Disney with the current incentive ($86/pp with a referral with no closing costs).

If it is for somewhere else, it depends.....you have to look at availability, the cost per point as well as closing costs of a non Disney owned resale. I've heard some great things about the Timeshare store (a sponsor of this board) although I haven't used them personally.

I would shy away from buying a resale on Ebay or such.....too many things can go wrong.

I bought from TTS as well as Disney Direct.

The bigger contract I bought from TTS and the smaller I bought from Disney.

I was very happy with TTS and would recommend them to anyone.

With all the little things I have read so far, maybe I should get into the DVC selling world. Then I could sell just what I need to make what I want to buy. :lmao:

Oh.... wait I have not a clue what to buy yet and when I will be able to do that. :eek: Pluto Poop! Why does it always come down to this. :confused3

Thank you for the info and keep it rolling, I want to learn learn learn. :yay:

We bought from Disney in 93 and just bought a resale from TTS (closed Wed.). It was a pleasure doing business with them. We put in our 12/9/06 and closed 1/17/07. Waiting for the points to be in the Disney system.

This might be the wrong board, but I want to know IYO would you buy from Disney Direct, a resale or from another place?
Please tell me why you would or would not buy from what ever place you would or would not buy from.

Buy from who ever has the contract and best price you want.

i have purchased from disney direct and found them terrific to deal with. no hassle and really great people. I have also purchased a resale from the timeshare store and also found them terrific to deal with. all in all you will have no problems with either.

just find the resort, use year and # of points you want and buy from the one who has it.

my only mistake was in not getting both contracts for the same use year, but that we are also working with and i expect to have a :headache: or two but i also expect to have many years of great vacations.:goodvibes

If you are looking to buy into SSR, BWV, or BCV...I'd buy from Disney as pricing is very similar between resale/direct. For anything else, contact a resale broker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter