• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buy 4/Get 3 Free $200 gift card

UpNorthG'ma

Earning My Ears
We are supposed to get a $200 gift card when we check in at our resort. I read somewhere they are not good for food purchases but can you buy souvenirs with them? Can you use the gift card at Downtown Disney, or does it have to be used in the parks?

My CM told me we could use our gift card for anything except paying on the package.

My TA said that you can also use it has a credit on your KTTW ~ not sure about that yet as I haven't been ~ but she is usually right.

I don't think the $200GC and the $75 birthday fun cards have the same rules... perhaps you heard that the $75 one can't be used for food.

I don't think the $200GC and the $75 birthday fun cards have the same rules... perhaps you heard that the $75 one can't be used for food.

You're right...I read the original post too quickly. I went back and deleted my post above.

I got my $200 gift card when I checked in last month. It's a separate card that you have to sign for, and each time you use it they give you your balance. I used mine to pay for my upgrade to a DVC AP, and the rest I used for souvies at different gift shops in the parks and at DTD. You can use it for any food at the parks as well, and I believe at DTD restaurants. Your question will be answered when you get your gift card however, because you get a pamphlet listing everything you can or can not use it for (mine went in the garbage when my card was all used up!). Enjoy - it was a great perk!

I've read from other posters that have used the $200 gift card that it is a regular Disney giftcard and can be used for anything at Disney. I don't know about any other card you get.

We used ours at T-Rex and World of Disney in DTD and at other TS and counter service restaurants as well as the food court at the resort and at the little kiosks at the parks. Also bought adult beverages with it in Epcot. It didn't take long to use it up :lmao: .

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to love these boards. Ask a question and within a few minutes you get answers! :lovestruc

We used ours at CS restaurants in the parks and at Pop Century all Presidents Day week, so it is indeed good for food while there...:thumbsup2

Can it be used to pay off your room charges at the end of the trip?

I applied mine to room charges once I had spent $200. I didn't wait until the end since my KTTW was secured by a credit card. I didn't want any chance that the extra $200 worth of charges would go to my CC and I'd be stuck with $200 I could only use for Disney.

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to love these boards. Ask a question and within a few minutes you get answers! :lovestruc

You got it right.:thumbsup2 This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

I applied mine to room charges once I had spent $200. I didn't wait until the end since my KTTW was secured by a credit card. I didn't want any chance that the extra $200 worth of charges would go to my CC and I'd be stuck with $200 I could only use for Disney.

Great idea!! I don't think I would have thought of that. Thanks!

I've read from other posters that have used the $200 gift card that it is a regular Disney giftcard and can be used for anything at Disney.

We were there last week and this is correct: it was exactly like the gift cards I separately bought for my children and can be used anywhere (stores, restaurants, resorts, etc.) that a KTTW/Visa/regular Disney gift card can be used.

We used our Gift Card only for food, and reloaded as needed...it was a great way to keep track of what we spent on food.

We used our Gift Card only for food, and reloaded as needed...it was a great way to keep track of what we spent on food.

I plan on using the Gift Card for food as well. I should probably check out the menus to see how fast it is going to be used up! :scared1:

I plan on using the Gift Card for food as well. I should probably check out the menus to see how fast it is going to be used up! :scared1:

LOL Probably not a bad idea! We went the first week in February without the dining plan (for freedom's sake---we didn't want to be bogged down in times to be places) and so the only ADR we had was at the GF for Afternoon Tea. We were able to walk up to several TS places and eat, so we also had table service at Kona Cafe, San Angel Inn, and Tusker House. For two people, we had 8 days of meals including Mickey Bars and other snacks and drinks, including the resort mugs, we spent a total of $500 for 8 days. I didn't think that was too bad at all and we did things like buy snacks to take back to the room too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter