Buttys' travels in Orlando - Day 8

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
Day 8 Sunday 10/3 Seaworld with no sharks!!!!

Late start again!! None of this getting up at the crack of dawn to hit the parks early malarkey for this family.

Crawled out of bed at 9ish. Love having separate room for the kids, they have their own TV and Danny loves the view of the car park – ‘car, car, car, mama, car’ Strange child and still monosyllabic.

Oh no – disaster – I can’t find the I-Ride passes. Hunt desperately thro bag and purse and minor row about irresponsibility ensues. They must have fallen out at Wal-Mart when I phoned for a cab. So instead we get the shuttle from the hotel to Seaworld at 11.20. No wonder it’s free, it takes forever.
Finally get to Seaworld at 12.15 and the driver gives us coupons to get free commemorative pins from GS.

Really disappointed this time around at Seaworld. My favourites, Terror of the Deep and Shamu Close-up are closed for refurb. The Shamu show is a bit icky as well, but Zach loves it.

The sea lions and seals look really miserable and sound soooo mournful. One even has what looks like a number carved into its’ back??

Fed the dolphins - aaaah lovely, but the price - $4 for 3 mingy little fish – so I got 2 lots. Had to feed them for Zach, as he was terrified of them – poor sweetie. He thought it was hilarious when a bird snatched a fish out of my hand tho’. Baz stroked one and thought it was wonderful even when they nibbled his hand, thinking he was going to feed them.

It’s all a bit commercial now though – no sooner had we finished playing than someone swooped down on us offering to sell us the pictures.

Stopped off for a frozen Lemonade, well worth $2.99 and really needed. Ate at Mango Joes at T-Time. Danny and Zach shared lunchbox with chicken strips and fries – lovely and Baz and I shared a tough streak sandwich with fries. I had Zachs’ Oreo cheesecake as he found it too rich – shame and with an Orange soda all came to the princely sum of £18.

Loved the tropical reef, manatees and rays. Lose Zach in Happy Harbour for a while but comes back after 15 mins, not too impressed with the water play area as he kept falling over and it was hard on his little bottom.

Caught the 7.15 bus back – soooo tired, our longest day yet. Kids straight to bed. I do the laundry – again.

Ordered dinner from room service – blech, not impressed at all. Cold Steak and fajitas. Good Coffee tho.

Watched the 9/11 special on CBS, really moving and sad. Late night for us, nearly 11.00 by the time it’s bed time.

Hi Elise,

I enjoy going to Seaworld and feeding the Dolphins, but it isn't cheap for what you get.

Maybe someone should tell the dolphins they could have an all-you-can-eat feast for less than it costs for those three tiddlers in a paper cone that they sell there;)

Thanks for the wonderful report - luv reading them!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter