Button, Button, Who's got the button?

LindaBabe

DIS Veteran
The other night at Stamp Club, someone was saying she had so many buttons she couldn't buy another one, although the ones she had were too big to use on a card. Seems like lots of us have that problem about a lot of things. :rotfl:

Anyway, this morning I saw this post on Split coast stampers.

Our local Jewish community is looking for button donations. They are collecting 6 milion buttons for their Holocaust memorial. They plan on displaying the buttons at their synagogue in clear cylinders, so visitors can visualize the magnitude of a number like 6 million. If you would like to help out, you can mail donations to:

Congregation Beit Shalom
115 E. Paseo Ave.
Visalia, CA 93277

Thanks so much!!

I thought what a brilliant idea, so I posted it on two peas. Someone was concerned that the temple website didn't mention the button collection, so I called them.

Now, I'm not Jewish, so I didn't quite know what to expect, but anyway, I talked to Rabbi Cynthia - Sweet Lady! their website is outdated because they are a small congregation and turns out the ladies have been collecting buttons for years for their project - they have about 100,000 out of the 6 million they need. The youth group counts them. She says they would LOVE to be deluged with buttons!

Then, I thought of you guys. If you have any unused buttons in your stash, maybe you'd like to send them on to the ladies (and keep the youth group usefully occupied)!

I thought I had SO many. Only 1.5 pounds.:(

What a great idea :) We definately have some extra buttons at our house!

wow, that would be something to see represented! Linda have you posted this over on the DISBoutiquers thread...they've got to have lots of button there!

I just weeded out a ton of buttons and brads. I can pull the buttons back out for sure. Thanks Linda!

DS16 and I visited the Holocaust Museum in DC on his class trip, moving museum, we ended up spending a lot of time there.

this is a great idea! do you know if it's been shared via Facebook as well? what a nice thing to be a part of, did they have any preferences on buttons?

see ya, marianne

Have any of you watched the documentary called Paperclips? A school collected Paperclips to represent the amount of people who lost their lives in the holocaust. It was so moving. I will be sending some buttons for this cause. Thank you for posting this.

I'll have a look for some to send - can't send too many because of the weight, but I'm sure I can put together a packet for this cause.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter