Butterfly farm walking distance to Le Galion?

DIScruisers4

Mouseketeer
We are planning on taking a taxi to the butterfly farm on St. Martin. We then plan to spend some time afterwards at Le Galion beach, which I understand is nearby. Does anyone know if Le Galion beach (aka Coconut Grove) is within walking distance of the butterfly farm or will we have to take another taxi to get there? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DIScruisers4 said:
We are planning on taking a taxi to the butterfly farm on St. Martin. We then plan to spend some time afterwards at Le Galion beach, which I understand is nearby. Does anyone know if Le Galion beach (aka Coconut Grove) is within walking distance of the butterfly farm or will we have to take another taxi to get there? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I visited the butterfly farm on St. Maarten in 2004. At that time it was located in the hills and I did not notice a beach anywhere around. After our visit with the butterflies the tour took us to Orient Beach...a fair distance.

I wouldn't want to walk anywhere from the butterfly farm. We drove along a dirt road full of potholes to get there & there were fields along the way. We could see the water but no beaches. Our driver stayed at the farm and waited for us. We stayed 30-45 minutes I would guess.

We were at Le Gallion last week. The butterfly farm is in between Orient Beach and Le Gallion. My friend walked from Le Gallion to Orient Beach and back so it is definately a possibility. The road is very poor, many deep potholes so I don't think you could do it with a stroller. You could have the driver take you to the beach, pick you up and take you to the butterfly farm if they will indeed wait for you. The beach was fantastic!!!!! Hope you enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter