Butterbeer?

*Robin*

bibbity bobbity boo!
I won't be going to Universal anytime soon, but I'm dying to know what Butterbeer tastes like...

I found a few recipes online. Would anyone who has tasted it be willing to look at these and let me know if it's even close to what they're serving?

(It's pretty sad when I'm as excited about the food as I am the new land...but I'm willing to wait to see the land...:laughing: )

Thanks!

Recipe #1

It cannot get any simpler than this!

Ingredients:

8oz ginger ale or cream soda
2-3 tablespoons of butterscotch syrup

Directions:

1. Mix in a tall glass and serve over ice

Recipe #2

Just as easy as Recipe #1 but for adults.

Ingredients:

1 cup butterscotch schnapps
7 cups cream soda (2 liter bottle)

Directions:

1. Carefully mix just before serving, adding the schnapps to the soda then stirring gently to mix well, or the fizz will dissipate too soon

Recipe #3

This one's mostly like Recipe #1 with the addition of butter.

Ingredients:

1 cup club soda or cream soda
1/2 cup butterscotch syrup
1/2 tablespoon butter

Directions:

1. Measure butterscotch and butter into a 16 oz. glass

2. Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds, or until syrup is bubbly and butter is completely melted

3. Stir and cool for 30 seconds

4. Slowly mix in club soda. Mixture will fizz quite a bit

5: Serve

I'd always wondered what Butterbeer was, this gives me a great idea, no wonder the kids like it so much. I'll take the one with butterscotch schnapps!

I've been searching for Butterbeer too! I found this reference to the DIS, along with another butterbeer recipe on Foxnews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/07/02/harry-potters-butterbeer-recipe-uncovered/

No need to travel to Hogsmeade (or to Universal Orlando) to get a taste of Harry Potter's butterbeer. Universal isn't giving out its recipe, but we've created an easy version of the formerly fictional drink made famous by the young wizard.
BUTTERBEER
Start to finish: 1 hour (10 minutes active)
Servings: 4
1 cup light or dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
6 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda
In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.
Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.
In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.

I did find the recipes you have referenced on Associated Content, but as far as I can tell they were written in 2007.

We did #1 recently. DD liked it but I thought it was too sweet. I've been wanted to do #3 but need to buy some club soda. I think this would taste better than #1. Less sweet, more buttery.:goodvibes

Tricia, thank you!!!

I somehow missed this along the way...I've been planning on trying all the originals this summer, but kept forgetting when I got to the store.

I'm going to try yours first now, and go from there...although it seems like it's just making a butterscotch from scratch, but replaces the corn syrup with vinegar. It's interesting! And the rum extract seems pretty brilliant...

I was thinking you might be able to use bottled topping in a pinch, and just add the rum and vinegar, but I'm going to do the long version first...

Anyway, yay!

Dizneydaz, thanks for the feedback! When you tried, did you use Ginger Ale or Cream Soda?

Jones Soda has the most amazing cream soda on earth (as far as I'm concerned) It tastes like you're drinking a rich cotton candy! But to add more sweetness to it seems like it'd be a bit nauseating...Ginger Ale is a bit sweet, but nothing like cream soda...and club soda, even better, but not the flavor...

sigh.

I'll let you know when I try the long version!! :upsidedow :flower3:

We made #3 some years back and I remember that we liked it but not much more. Guess we need to try it again!

Also like the rum extract idea. I make honey rum butter for Thanksgiving every year, and love that.

This sounds like a great fall drink...sitting by a bonfire or maybe a batch for the football game! :banana:

Ohh, I'm defiantly going to give these a try while I re-watch all the Happy Potters in preparation for the new movie!

I'll have the ones with Butterscotch Schnapps because it's my favorite but I'll make the other kind for the kids.

Thanks bunches for sharing:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter