• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Butterbeer and pumpkin juice?

aberrydisneygirl

I love Disney
Can anyone tell me what butterbeer and pumpkin juice tastes like? Are they good or do they taste funny? And what is good to eat at the three broomsticks? Thanks for the info!:wizard:

Pumpkin juice...think pumpkin pie spices with a background hint of apple pie...hard to describe...REALLY SWEET...REALLY>>>REALLY!

Butterbeer does have a cream soda taste, but I actually like it much more than cream soda...it has a little bit of butterscotch back flavoring...yum

The butterbeer...that is a pretty good description. If you like butterscotch, you will like it.

The pumpkin juice was a little weird for me.

Another note with the butterbeer, the non-frozen is carbonated like soda. DS12 who does not like carbonated beverages such as soda loved the frozen but hated the non-frozen because of the carbonation.

At the 3 Broomsticks: the chicken/ ribs meal was pretty good; the pasties were terrible.

Another note with the butterbeer, the non-frozen is carbonated like soda. DS12 who does not like carbonated beverages such as soda loved the frozen but hated the non-frozen because of the carbonation.

At the 3 Broomsticks: the chicken/ ribs meal was pretty good; the pasties were terrible.

I agree, pasties were awful. Shepard's pie, fish and chips and salads were good :thumbsup2. Didn't try non-frozen butter beer but the frozen variety was delish! It tastes like cream soda with a splash of whipped cream and butterscotch.

I love Butterbeer, especially the frozen kind. The frozen is sort of like a butterscotch slurpee. The non-frozen is like a cream soda with a butterscotch flavor, but it is the topping that makes it awesome.

Pumpkin juice is really sweet. Like pumpkin pie in juice form. Didn't care for it much cold but think it might be awesome warmed up on a crisp, cool fall night.

Unlike the others on this thread I liked the pasties, I grew up eating them in London. The only issue I had with the ones at Three Broomsticks is that we were really tiny. I've never seen pasties that small before.:confused3 The Sheppard's pie is really good there, as is the Fish and Chips. I haven't tried any of the other lunch/dinner foods such as the chicken or ribs. They do have a really good English breakfast platter there though, with real English bacon(not the crispy stripped American kind) and awesome baked beans.

It's odd because I normally dislike butterscotch but I thought that the frozen Butterbeer was amazing. We have yet to try the regular.

We like the smoked chicken plate, the fish and chips and salads at the Three Broomsticks. We haven't tried the other items yet.

Another vote for the frozen butterbeer. The regular version is good, but too sweet for me.

Below is my usual meal at The Three Broomsticks. Shepherd's Pie and Garden Salad.
For dessert, I sometimes buy the warm apple pie that they serve (not pictured).

ww_shepherdspie.jpg

Butterbeer is yummy...pumpkin juice...YUCK! My friend and I each bough a six dollar bottle of it, took one sip, and threw it away. Just nasty!!!

To me, Butterbeer is very, very sweet. It's delicious, but two or three sips and I'm done. I've found that everyone has their own way of describing Butterbeer, but it's usually along the same lines: Butterscotch and cream soda. I really taste the butterscotch and it reminds me of those hard butterscotch candies. :drinking1

Due to the descriptions here, I just might have to try the Pumpkin Juice the next time around! Still, I have a feeling that I'll like the souvenir bottle better than the actual drink. ;)

I've only eaten breakfast at Three Broomsticks and it wasn't bad. You have several choices. If memory serves, there's the American Breakfast, Continental Breakfast, Pancake Breakfast, Porridge Breakfast and something involving salmon (The Salmom Breakfast?). The American Breakfast came with scrambled eggs, bacon, link sausage, potatoes and a croissant. I'd love to try Three Broomsticks for lunch or dinner.

It seemed to me the butterscoth flavor is in the "cream". And as a butterscoth lover, there was not enough cream for me! The frozen has a weaker and less sweet cream soda flavor. The non-frozen is a cream soda with an extra shot or two of cream syrup, so is a bit strong and sweet. The best was getting some soda and cream together, or following the sip of the soda with some foam. I would also welcome the opportunity to try just a cup of the foam!

We tried the frozen butterbeer but it was way too sweet for us, we tried the pumpkin fizz, it wasn't in a bottle but I thought it was great. A bit sweet, but to me it was like a ginerale with pumpkin spice.

Didn't eat at the three broomsticks but will when we go next year, but being an ex-pat (bought up in England, now living in Canada) I understand that some would find the pasties a little odd but the shepherds pie looks good.

One more vote for the 3B's Shepherds Pie, which I thought was excellent. I also prefer the frozen version of butterbeer.

To me, the butterbeer tasted a lot like cream soda, but slightly different. I don't know that butterscotch is the right description. I normally don't like butterscotch, but I loved butterbeer.

Pumpkin juice....pumpkin pie mixed with tart apple juice. A lot of people above keeps saying it was very sweet. Mine was very tart. Maybe I got a bad batch? In either case, it was disgusting!! :sick: We took a sip and dumped the rest.

Thank you everyone for the great information. I was thinking the butterbeer might taste like cream soda, and I love butterscotch so I am sure I will love the butterbeer, but now I don't have to be affraid to try it. Still not sure about the pumpkin juice though. And I love, love, love pasties, so I'm disappointed to hear they are not that great. I love them with malt vinegar. So if anyone else has had a good experience with the pasties I would love to hear. Otherwise I might have to go with either fish and chips or shepherds pie. Both sound yummy.

Butterbeer is good,pumpkin juice is awful,like a cold apple cider mixed with pumpkin,not for me,has a cool bottle though.

Thank you everyone for the great information. I was thinking the butterbeer might taste like cream soda, and I love butterscotch so I am sure I will love the butterbeer, but now I don't have to be affraid to try it. Still not sure about the pumpkin juice though. And I love, love, love pasties, so I'm disappointed to hear they are not that great. I love them with malt vinegar. So if anyone else has had a good experience with the pasties I would love to hear. Otherwise I might have to go with either fish and chips or shepherds pie. Both sound yummy.

The pasties are good quality in my opinion as far as taste goes(especially considering they are counter service food), and growing up British, I've had a lot of pasties.:lmao: They are however extremely small in size compared to any other pasties I have had.

The food at WW is very interesting in that people from the UK tend to think it is very good. The report from Americans isn't as glowing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter