Butter question

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
Hi all,

This is going to be a weird question I know, but I thought I'd ask anyhow. There is a good chance my sister and I will be visiting in November for my birthday (yay me), and I was just wondering, do any of the restaurants onsite offer REAL butter with meals, not that crappy Becel/margarine/I Can't Believe It's Not Butter knockoff (and believe me, I CAN tell it's not butter)? I know at WDW, it's either unsalted butter (at LeCellier) or the fake stuff (yuk), so I thought a DLR vet would know. I realize I have no choice in the matter either way, lol, but at least I'll be forwarned!

Jules

Wow, that's an obscure question. I like it. I know real butter is offered at Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA, because I've often enjoyed it with their yummy sourdough bread. So, if it's available there, I'm guessing that it's available at other dining locations, too. I just can't confirm exactly where. Good luck on your butter quest. Everything's better with butter. :)

I think you get the award for "Craziest Questions Ever Asked Here"

I've would never imagine **anyone** would think twice about butter on vacation, let alone ask about it on a message board.
Solution: once you arrive, go to the store, buy your favorite butter and carry it with you throughout your trip so you are sure you have it.

I mostly just wanted to post on a thread about butter at Disneyland. It's awesome. Nothing too obscure for this place :rotfl2:

I now that Blue Bayou and Storyteller's does as well. I only eat real butter, so I check. :D

I've would never imagine **anyone** would think twice about butter on vacation, let alone ask about it on a message board.
Solution: once you arrive, go to the store, buy your favorite butter and carry it with you throughout your trip so you are sure you have it.

I mostly just wanted to post on a thread about butter at Disneyland. It's awesome. Nothing too obscure for this place :rotfl2:

It may seem like a non-issue to some people, but for our family, we would definitely have to think twice about using butter/margarine on vacation. Butter has no preservatives like margarine does, so for my DS who has allergies to preservatives, we have to use real butter everywhere. I know lots of people who use real butter for various reasons, one of which is so they don't eat preservatives or chemicals which would be present in margarine. I'm sure there are other reasons too, including the taste difference. :) To the OP:
The last time we stayed at Hojos, they had individual pats of butter for purchase in their store. If you are staying near there, you might want to see if they still have them. We've also added butter to our grocery delivery order from Vons so that we'd have butter to bring into the parks with us.

I won't ever use a substitute and I don't ever remember any fake butter at DL. I can remember eating items I would put butter on at Blue Bayou, Steakhouse 55, Ralph Brennan's, Carnation Cafe, Storyteller's Cafe, Goofy's Kitchen, Cafe Orleans (and if I took longer to think I'm sure I could name several other places). They always had the little butter pats wrapped in silver foil. Not sure they even have fake butter unless it's requested for some dietary reason.

I second or is it third it regarding the Blue Bayous real butter usage. Believe me, my taste buds know the difference between real and not butter. I love butter! Viva la Butter! Or die! :) Ha... no, really. And........ everything is better with butter.... or chocolate.

~~ I love you Phil, and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

Strange days have found us
And through their strange hours we linger alone
Bodies confused
Memories misused
As we run from the day to a strange night of stone - The Doors​

I second or is it third it regarding the Blue Bayous real butter usage. Believe me, my taste buds know the difference between real and not butter. I love butter! Viva la Butter! Or die! :) Ha... no, really. And........ everything is better with butter.... or chocolate.

~~ I love you Phil, and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

Bodies confused
Memories misused

Am I the only one who can't read the yellow writing in your post?

Ah, now I can since I copied it and it's not against the white background.

Yeah I know.... ;) Sorry, but it had to be in yellow, in homage to butter. I wish there was a lighter yellow color, that would be easier to read.

Bodies confused
Memories misused

I love this question.
I didn't notice any place that didn't use real butter. I'm really interested to know now, as our family definitely prefers real butter ::yes::

Real Butter or Bust!

Bodies confused
Memories misused

The reason I had asked, I was at WDW in Nov of 2010 for my birthday, and everywhere I looked, all they served was the fake crap, and I can understand their going for the healthy options, ie: whole wheat bread, changing the childrens menu items, etc, but for the love of Mickey, PLEASE OFFER AN OPTION! It's not like at DL where you can easily find a grocery store or convenience store and pick up the real stuff, you are stuck with what they choose to serve you! The only place that I had no issue with was at Garden Grill, it was sweetened with honey, but everywhere else, EWWWWWWWWW!

Does anyone know of an email address I can shoot off an email to suggest offering an option? Like a poster above, some people can't handle the preservatives of fake butter/margarine, and some people just prefer the real thing!

Thanks so much for all your great responses, glad to see at least at DLR, they have the real stuff!

Jules

Here you go: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

Bodies confused
Memories misused

I have to say that butter matters to me, too. I love real butter, not the artificial stuff. Not sure it would keep me from eating somewhere, but I definitely prefer the real thing, myself.

I actually often travel with condiments in my purse. NO, really I do. And straws and paper napkins. Like a picnic in a purse. he he.... And... butter too, sometimes, very handy when you are somewhere where there is no butter, or there is only the substitutes. You know if butter subs were meant to be eaten, then we would have no cows. Really now! :faint: Love me, Love real butter otherwise there is the door, and don't let it slap ya in the fanny on the way out. Well actually that would be a secret bonus ha ....

Bodies confused
Memories misused

Speaking of butter... good quality butter and good coupon:

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/2011/12/facebook-coupon-1-00-off-challenge-butter/

Bodies confused
Memories misused

Thanks Gisele, I shot off an email, here's what I said

I spent my birthday in November of 2010 with my sister, and we both had a magical time (and didn't want to come home, lol), but wanted to offer a suggestion after my recent visit.

As we stayed on property with no car, and had eaten at some of the most amazing restaurants, I wanted to suggest that you offer REAL butter with meals by request, as a lot of people, like myself, prefer real butter with meals some for medical reasons, due to the high preservatives in margarine/Becel/I Can't Believe It's Not Butter knockoff found around the property. The only restaurant I tolerated it and barely, was at Garden Grill and their yummy honey butter.

Thank you very much for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Jules

Your welcome! :)

Your email sounds good to me. And I agree of course. :) I hope that they reply to your email. Or give you a call. In the meantime, please pass the real butter. Otherwise, pass.

Bodies confused
Memories misused

I know that Butter is true.
:rotfl:
But my roll can live with out it if needs be. No pun intended.
Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter