busy after the 4th... ??

pooka16

Earning My Ears
I am looking to arrive at disney july 5th and departing the 12th. It is going to be a lot busier than normal because of the 4th holiday??

Thanks

Philip

pooka16 said:
I am looking to arrive at disney july 5th and departing the 12th. It is going to be a lot busier than normal because of the 4th holiday??

Simply put...

The summer months are very busy.

Around the July 4th holiday, they are very, VERY busy.

pooka16 said:

Thanks

Philip

We too are arriving July 5th... I posted a question asking the same thing and a bunch of people replied... most said after the 4th there is a lull in the crowds.... still busy and crowded but not like on the 4th....
And can I say 10 days away!!!! Plus... you are in Disney... and on vacation.... And again only 10 days away!!!! yippee!!!!!! :banana:

pooka16 said:
disney fab, where are you staying?

At the Pop... and looking forward to it... We went as a family in Oct and stayed at the AS Movies and 2 years before at the sports... This time me and the hubby for our anniversary.........

And yourself? Where are you staying?

4 days at music 3 at contemporary. Always stay at poly but it was totally booked.

pooka16 said:
Always stay at poly but it was totally booked.

Well, THAT should help you answer your own question in your first post. ;)

In 2003, we arrived at the BCV for two weeks on July 5th. On the 6th, 7th, and 8th, Epcot was astonishingly empty. Not deserted, but blissfully free of crowds. Relatively short waits for everything. MK was busier, but not terrible. I mentioned it to one of the CMs, who said, "Oh yeah, it's always like this after the 4th. Everyone clears out and there's a real lull. It'll pick up next week." And it did.

This year may be different, because of all the special packages Disney is offering (free dining, etc.) But I think it's safe to say July 6th will be more manageable than July 4th.

I'm hoping so anyway. We're arriving on the 2nd, and staying until the 21st.

We arrive on the 1st - 8th. It sure would be nice if it cleared out a little after the 4th. I figured most people would have the whole week off, but hopefully it will clear out a little.

Disney's Fab 4 said:
We too are arriving July 5th... I posted a question asking the same thing and a bunch of people replied... most said after the 4th there is a lull in the crowds.... still busy and crowded but not like on the 4th....
And can I say 10 days away!!!! Plus... you are in Disney... and on vacation.... And again only 10 days away!!!! yippee!!!!!! :banana:

we arrive on the sixth. can't wait. expecting summer crowds.

We are leaving ina few huors and will be there to the 10th. This is our second July 4th WDW trip, first being in 2002. We loved it then, the crowds were there before and after the 4th, but managable.

The 4th MK is a NUT HOUSE, we are planning on doing Studios and Epcot for a Double firework display. Just have to verify Studios is having their normal 4th Spectacular.

Epcot extra Patriotic finale is great, if you position yourself correctly you can also see MK's fireworks from Epcot for a triple header of fireworks.

The way I look at it, I am at WDW if it is crowded one place it should be less crowded somwhere else. Be smart, use fast pass and have fun. I am looking forward to seeing the new POTC Ride and movie.

By midnight tonight we will be checked in at Pop, then by 12:30 or so we will be entering MK for EMH to 2 AM!!!!!

You'd think we get tired of this place, but we never do!!!!

:dance3:

We're also arriving on the 5th and staying until the 10th, which is a week earlier than what we did last year. I've been nervous about the crowds too for the remainder of the week of the 4th...but sounds like if you know what you're doing, you can make the most of it. We had a great experience last year, so we're hoping to repeat it this year!!

See you there! :)

Hi! We are arriving at AKL on the 9th and staying through the 16th. Last year we went from the 17th through 24th and had a great time. It was busy but very managable. We arrived at the parks, each day, about 45 minutes before opening and were able to ride and do just about everything with less than 20 minute waits. One day we were even "First family of the day" on Buzz. We took afternoon breaks at AKL and would go back in the evening to the parks. It was our first trip and we had a blast!..Hope it's pretty much the same experience this time.....only 2 more weeks! :)

we also arrive on the 5th of July and staying thru the 11th. We are at FW Cabins and looking forward to it. Would LOVE to have a lull in the crowds right after the 4th! See everyone there! I will be the one with the twin 4 year old boys and 10 year old daughter!

Jen

This is our first July trip. We'll be at AKL July 7th-11th and WL July 11th-15th. I'm expecting huge crowds, but maybe a little better than the 4th. We've been there during February and April school breaks, so I'm wondering if it will be much worse than that, or about the same.

12 days and counting!

:woohoo:

We're checking into Pop from the 1st to the 14th. Doing MK on the 3rd (same fireworks as everyone has told us, but a bit less crowded) and EPCOT on the 4th (ADR for Rose & Crown) for dinner. Can't wait!!!! Only 4 more work/school days and we start our long drive to WDW!!! We leave at around 3am on Friday morning (in a perfect world of course!!). We have been doing laundry and packing all day!! See you all there!! :woohoo:

Let's just enjoy it!

We are on vacation, so my mom and I keep telling my dad that we are in no rush hehehehe

We'll be there too! Checking in at BC on the 6th! Can't wait! :sunny:

We're going to be there on July 6! I figure we'll just deal with the crowds and heat, and enjoy it!

We can hardly wait. I just bought our groceries for breakfast in our rooms today. I get to start packing on Saturday. .All very exciting.

My sister in law and I are taking my kids July 4-10th! :goodvibes We are staying at POP. We will arrive on July 4th around 11:00 am and plan to head on over to Epcot. I have read that sometimes the parks reach capacity on holidays...do you think we will have any problems getting in Epcot around noon? We plan to stay there until after fireworks that night. We also have dinner reservations at Coral Reef that evening. I can't wait...only 8 more days. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter