• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bush to sail on Disney

WOW!! Sure wish I were going! Nice to see such VIP's doing 'family' things that the rest of us try to do. I am a great admirer of Barbara Bush in particular. The rest of the family isn't too bad either!!

The folks on the upcomming Wonder trips will have to keep an eye out. That would be pretty cool to meet Barbara or George Sr.
Isn't Gov. Bush friendly with that sexy latin singer? Maybe he can sing la vida loca in the nightclub? (just wishful thinking, could not even qualify as speculation)

Well, that does it. I don't think I'll ever be able to sail on the Wonder after this...

Three Circles-
Ditto your reply. I am grateful that we are sailing on the Magic and have no chance of "running into" a Bush - Governor, former president or whatever.....

Dawn Hope

Further, I cannot begin to imagine the security on board and what a pain in the tushie it's going to be.

Former President Carter and his family took a Disney cruise after Christmas last year and President Bush and his family are taking a Disney cruise after Christmas this year.

I think I see a pattern...

I'm hoping it's not our cruise next Thurs. Kind of sounds like it might be! How "relaxing"!!!

I believe it is NOT President Bush but his father, the former President who is going on the cruise. Sounds like a family Christmas present like many ordinary people do. I hope they are allowed to enjoy the brief time aboard the Wonder without too many people pestering them. Guess they know a 'class' act/cruise when they see one too!!

Reading the article, it sound like the Pres is going to be onboard. Why can't Gov Bush sign up for the internet cafe if he is worried about missing his e-mail????

MJ

(From the Miami Herald article)
"Those aboard will include the governor's wife and two sons, his parents, brothers Marvin and Neil, sister Dorothy, and their spouses and children. President George W. Bush won't be along for the trip and Gov. Bush's daughter, Noelle, who is currently living at a drug-treatment center in Orlando, is not expected to join the family."
I heard on the news that the President and his family will be going to Texas right after Christmas at Camp David. The former President and Mrs. Bush made the cruise arrangements according to the article. The 'flu' stuff sure doesn't seem to bother them!

You are so right.....I am way off in my political family trees....I was thinking that the pres was his dad...oops!! So, the former Pres will be onboard, did I get that part right??? LOL

MJ

Can you imagine how many cabins/suites will be taken - let's see. I don't think Bush will take an inside cabin - and how many cabins for the security detail? I wonder what special clearance CMs will have to have....interesting. Glad I'm on the magic!

It is big local news on the radio and TV here. They even interviewed him and I heard the remark about the internet. I guess he does not realize they have it onboard! I think it would be neat to cruise with our first family of FL onboard. Will be a top notch cruise I suspect.:D

I think we should send him a link to these boards :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I would doubt that any of them would want to check their e-mail onboard, because I don't <I>think</I> the Internet Cafe computers are that <I>secure</I>! I wouldn't want to put any important account info or anything really personal on a PUBLIC computer. Perhaps he could use the captain's computer, but I would doubt that he'd even do that.

According to this morning's Palm Beach Post (which has been known to be wrong) the Bush family will be on the Dec 26 cruise. They will be in the two "royal" suites and 12 one bedroom suites. Anyone think it will be a little hard to get around Deck 8?

Any DISers on the 12/26 cruise have a WONDERful time.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

My friend from Florida just sent me this.....

The paper said today that Jeb Bush and his family are going on a 4 day cruise on the Disney Wonder. It was his dad's idea. Dad and Mom, other brother and sister, and his family are all going and taking over the 3 bedroom suite and dad's paying the bill to the tune of $2700 per adult. I don't know who's paying for the secret service. The cruise is leaving the day after Christmas. The SS said it was easier to protect them since they have the cruise itinerary and passenger list checked out before hand.

So anyone sailing on this cruise...good luck!!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter