• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bush Gardens/Universal trip help?

eculmone

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if this is proper forum to post? Due to high airfare prices, we booked one way to tampa and one way from Orlando back home. We thought arrive in Tampa, rent car, check out Bush Gardens for a few days and then head on over to Universal RPH for remainder of vacation? Anyone ever done before? Good idea? Bad? Advice? We have GPS system we are bringing. We will be at Don Cesar on St. Pete's Beach. They had special buy two nights get one free and it includes Bush Gardens theme park:cool1: Then we will hop in car and head on over to our tried and true Universal. Any thoughts? or tips?

This is an amazing site, but couldn't find out anything on Bush Gardens:confused3

We are Disney lovers, who have recently been converted to Universal lovers due to DD12's love of coasters:yay:

Sounds like a neat trip...never been to BG. DS wants t go, he too loves coasters. I'd be curious to see info from people who have done similar trips.

You mentioned your staying at Don Cesar on St. Pete's Beach...what type of place is it?:confused3

It's a Loews hotel :thumbsup2 5 star resort. It's a giant pink hotel known as the hotel for the rich and famous back in the great gatsby era. I'm nervous and excited. Now a days curious folk like us check it out. No more rich and famous:goodvibes It's still pretty expensive. We got the lowest fare government rate and we are paying $304 a night. Ouch. I guess St.Petes is one of the top ten beaches in the World? I've never been to this side of Florida so I've been surfing the web for a site like this one and nada :confused:

I'm not that savvy with trip reporting but wish I were. I read the trip reports and I feel like I'm right there with you guys:surfweb:

Anyhow, if anyone knows of any good restaurants, places to explore while on this side of Florida please let us know? We plan on being little explorers Like Ponce de Leon (sp) I think he discovered a part of Florida? :dance3:

We are thinking of doing the same thing next year so I too am interested in the replies!

Yee haw. 10 days and counting. Bags are down from attic. Clothes for me and dd12 are picked out. Hers have been ironed. Mine scheduled for ironing this weekend. DH will pull out his outfits this weekend. Hope they still fit:lmao:

Todays weather in Tampa is Windy and high of 55. But no worries man. Forecast prediction (with help of weather network) 74 with few clouds:goodvibes when we arrive on the 13th!!

Yesterday I bought my sunscreen and today? NEW SOCKS FOR EVERYONE ah yes, Vacation... It's my passion.

I got some posts on where to eat when in Bush Gardens. I hear the BBQ by Shiekra coaster is to die for. So I'm excited to 'judge for myself'? hee hee.

Well happy Wednesday all. I feel like one of the seven dwarfs as I sing 'hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go' :banana:

Trip is over. I'm sitting in my beautiful room 1732 overlooking the beautiful pool, sipping on my coffee. We are all packed and showered. DH is the last in the shower now so just reflecting. What an AWESOME vacation.

Don Cesar is really something to see. The Beach was beautiful. We would definitely do this again. :thumbsup2

Never noticed this thread :confused3. We stayed at Don Cesar last year and going back this year, hotel and beach is beautiful.
Glad you guys had a great time

Trip is over. I'm sitting in my beautiful room 1732 overlooking the beautiful pool, sipping on my coffee. We are all packed and showered. DH is the last in the shower now so just reflecting. What an AWESOME vacation.

Don Cesar is really something to see. The Beach was beautiful. We would definitely do this again. :thumbsup2
Is a trip report coming? ;)

ok, spent good part of my lunch searching how to post my photos. It tells me go to user control panel. Ya :thumbsup2 got it. Now go to Pictures & Albums link and click on add album. Huh:confused3 I don't have a 'pictures & albums' link :sad2::sad1: Can anyone assist?

ok, spent good part of my lunch searching how to post my photos. It tells me go to user control panel. Ya :thumbsup2 got it. Now go to Pictures & Albums link and click on add album. Huh:confused3 I don't have a 'pictures & albums' link :sad2::sad1: Can anyone assist?
Many people on here use a different website to upload photos. I know many use photobucket to do so.

www.photobucket.com

You'd make an account and you can upload your pictures there. Under each, they'll have an image code (usually something that begins with ) and you'd copy and paste that into your post.

I have no clue how to do it using the boards itself, only other websites.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter