Buses from Poly or TTC?

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
I read that Poly shares buses with GF to DHS and AK but the TTC has buses that go direct. I assume therefore that it's better to walk to the TTC but do the buses come as often to the TTC? Has anyone done that and did you have reasonable wait times? I'm spoiled by POFQ last year and fear shared buses. :crowded:

Umm, why are you afraid of a shared bus? It is only one additional stop before you are on your way. Even POFQ sometimes shares buses with POR. It isn't a big deal, IMO.

I have never tried it, but I don't see why your plan to walk to the TTC wouldn't work. If you are staying in the Poly villas, it might be just as close as the Poly bus stop. As far as I know all WDW buses run about every 15-20 minutes, at least as a general rule. In practice, the schedule can get messed up, but that is the plan, I believe.

Hopefully, someone with more certain knowledge about this will be able to answer your questions.

However, don't worry about it. The buses are generally just fine. An occasional glitch can happen anywhere, even (gasp!) POFQ!

Good luck

I read that Poly shares buses with GF to DHS and AK but the TTC has buses that go direct. I assume therefore that it's better to walk to the TTC but do the buses come as often to the TTC? Has anyone done that and did you have reasonable wait times? I'm spoiled by POFQ last year and fear shared buses. :crowded:

We took the bus from Poly to HS. Yes, there's a stop at GF after Poly but it didn't add much time to the trip at all. Total travel time even with the stop at GF was about 20 min. On the way back from HS, when Poly was first to be dropped off, travel time was maybe 16 min. So, there wasn't much difference. There's only one bus stop each at Poly and GF so it's not like the bus needs to stop a bunch of times. We thought about walking over to TTC if the wait or crowd seemed excessive at the Poly stop but that didn't turn out to be the case.

We didn't go to AK but saw people getting on the bus for it at Poly as well. I'm sure it's similar to the HS route.

We were just there last week. We went to the TTC from GF to get our APs activated. The plan then was to take the bus to HS from there. We looked for a bus to HS and when we couldn't find one, DH asked at the bus window. We were told there was no bus from TTC to HS. We ended up taking the monorail to MK and got the bus to HS from there.

Last edited:
About the only time you find park buses at TTC is if the monorail is down and I think then it is only Epcot or MK based on which line would be down.

Are there even regular park to TTC busses now that they expanded the MK bus stop (and you can now take a DHS to MK bus)?
Only before 9 am, to accommodate people arriving at the TTC from off-site.

We were just there last week. We went to the TTC from GF to get our APs activated. The plan then was to take the bus to HS from there. We looked for a bus to HS and when we couldn't find one, DH asked at the bus window. We were told there was no bus from TTC to HS. We ended up taking the monorail to MK and got the bus to HS from there.

Ah, well, that would answer the question. Thank you.

I didn't know that Poly was first picked up and dropped off. That makes it easier. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter