• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buses from Parks to Downtown Disney?

tmcddodd

Earning My Ears
Hello WDW experts. First time vacationer in Sept/Oct and was wondering you you could get to Downtown Disney from any of the parks? If not how would you get there from each park? Go back to our own hotel then transfer? :confused3

Thanks!

There isn't direct bus transportation between the parks and Downtown Disney. You could just go to the nearest resort and take a bus from there. Hope that helps.

There are no direct busses from DTD to the parks. This is because too many offsite people were parking there free and catching a bus to the parks. You have to transfer at a resort.

There are no direct busses from DTD to the parks. This is because too many offsite people were parking there free and catching a bus to the parks. You have to transfer at a resort.

Well, drat. Thank you both for your quick replies. I guess that makes sense. Anyone made a list of what resort they would got to from each park to get to DTD?

Another option is to take a bus to SSR, get off at the Congress Park stop and walk to DTD along the path from there (or take the SSR-DTD boat).

Well, drat. Thank you both for your quick replies. I guess that makes sense. Anyone made a list of what resort they would got to from each park to get to DTD?

From MK, I would walk over to the Contemporary and catch the DTD bus there.

From Epcot, I would walk to the Beach Club from the WS side and get a DTD bus there.

It's not a bad walk or boat ride from Studios to the Epcot resorts. Otherwise, I'd just catch whatever resort bus was there and transfer to a DTD.

AK is one where I'd probably try for an AKL bus.

Finally, if I had tons of time and was just looking to tour WDW, catching a bus to POR, POFQ, OKW, or SSR and then taking their boat to DTD is pleasant. We often stay at POR and POFQ and that little boat ride is a favorite.

From MK, I would walk over to the Contemporary and catch the DTD bus there.

From Epcot, I would walk to the Beach Club from the WS side and get a DTD bus there.

It's not a bad walk or boat ride from Studios to the Epcot resorts. Otherwise, I'd just catch whatever resort bus was there and transfer to a DTD.

AK is one where I'd probably try for an AKL bus.

Finally, if I had tons of time and was just looking to tour WDW, catching a bus to POR, POFQ, OKW, or SSR and then taking their boat to DTD is pleasant. We often stay at POR and POFQ and that little boat ride is a favorite.
Don't forget that the Contemporary bus will also share with the Polynesian and Grand Floridian before it arrives at Downtown Disney. Plus sometimes all the Epcot Resorts share bus service or they do various combinations of bus sharing, so it won't be a direct ride from any of the resorts to Downtown Disney.

Couldn't you just take the dd resort bus, especially the one that goes to Buena Vista resort and then take the 5 minute walk over to DD from the hotel.:woohoo:

Couldn't you just take the dd resort bus, especially the one that goes to Buena Vista resort and then take the 5 minute walk over to DD from the hotel.:woohoo:

I'm not sure of the frequency of those buses (likely, not running very often.)

Plus, those buses don't load at the same place as the Disney buses.

Also, I don't know if guests who are not guests of those particular resorts can board
those shuttle buses.

The most politically correct answer is to go back to your own hotel & transfer there.

There's really no such thing as politically correct when it comes to bus transporation. Years ago, when the Disney resorts were somewhat new, Disney was enforcing the bus drivers to check resort IDs before allowing people on the busses.

They have long since discarded that procedure, making Disney transporation available to those who have park admission. Which pretty much means everyone. :goodvibes

I think the post going to the closest resorts to each park and catching the bus to DTD from there is the most efficient.

Tell that to the owners & guests of SSR.
Whenever this topic is brought up why is that SSR is brought up as the one set of buses that should not be used by guests who don't stay there? I know they are a 100% DVC Resort however WDW also says anyone can ride their Buses, Monorails, and Boats even if they are not staying at a specific resort or staying onsite. Besides sharing the Resort Monorail the Contemporary/Polynesian/Grand Floridian share bus service in the afternoons, so if non guests get on a bus from the Contemporary that will make them a lot more full. Also once Bay Lake Tower opens are people going to say they should no longer share bus service with the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, because those are not DVC Resorts and because they will be getting on the buses at the Contemporary with those guests and it means the buses they will have a lot more guests using them.

Whenever this topic is brought up why is that SSR is brought up as the one set of buses that should not be used by guests who don't stay there? .

Because there was, and are still, a significant number of people that use SSR as a waystation.

Bus transportation between DTD & the parks was discontinued for a reason.

Along the same lines as pool hopping (when you can't a pool chair due to overcrowding), when a resort guest has to wait for a bus because because they are all loaded with non-resort guests who have walked over from DTD, one tends to get a bit miffed.

I happen to think it more polite to use either your existing resort, other theme parks or the TTC as a transfer point.

Because there was, and are still, a significant number of people that use SSR as a waystation.

Bus transportation between DTD & the parks was discontinued for a reason.

Along the same lines as pool hopping (when you can't a pool chair due to overcrowding), when a resort guest has to wait for a bus because because they are all loaded with non-resort guests who have walked over from DTD, one tends to get a bit miffed.

I happen to think it more polite to use either your existing resort, other theme parks or the TTC as a transfer point.
Well I don't see it like that because when guests get on the buses to Saratoga Springs as a way of getting to Downtown Disney, is no different if they walked from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary when getting on a bus to Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney. Plus since WDW states anyone can use their transportation systems no one is doing anything wrong. Also if these guests going on the Saratoga Springs buses from the parks when going to Downtown Disney maybe don't have their own transportation because they could be staying at another WDW Resort, so what are doing wrong? For exapmple if they plan to go from the Magic Kingdom - Downtown Disney why should they spend more time getting the bus from their resort, if they don't plan on going back there?

Well I don't see it like that because when guests get on the buses to Saratoga Springs as a way of getting to Downtown Disney, is no different if they walked from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary when getting on a bus to Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney.
I never said it was different

Plus since WDW states anyone can use their transportation systems no one is doing anything wrong.
Again, never said it was wrong just that it was more polite (i.e. considerate of others) in my opinion

Just like everyone has their own opinion on refilable mugs, pool hopping, double booking ADRs, you name it... I have my opinion about this. Yours is obviously different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter