Buses From DTD

Muziqal

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what time the buses start running to the parks/TTC/resorts from DTD Marketplace in the mornings?

If I walk from my hotel in Crossroads in the a.m., am I going to be able to catch a bus bright and early to the TTC or resorts?

Thanks

Originally posted by Muziqal
If I walk from my hotel in Crossroads in the a.m., am I going to be able to catch a bus bright and early to the TTC or resorts?

Not really.

The first bus out of the Marketplace will be sometime around 9:00am. Downtown Disney only offers service to Disney Resorts... no parks... and not the TTC. Resorts only.

The reason for this is because too many people were abusing the DTD buses, which are for Disney Resort guests.

Yikes!

Does that mean that we won't be able to get to the park for opening if we are staying at a DTD resort? We weren't going to rent a car, but if the buses start at 9am it could be 10 or later before we even get to the gates!

I was under the impression that the transportation from DTD was as good as the resort transportation.....and in some ways, (like comfort,) superior.

I guess that I'll have to rethink my plans.

Thank goodness for these boards!

Originally posted by AMaloy314
Yikes!

Does that mean that we won't be able to get to the park for opening if we are staying at a DTD resort? We weren't going to rent a car, but if the buses start at 9am it could be 10 or later before we even get to the gates!

I was under the impression that the transportation from DTD was as good as the resort transportation.....and in some ways, (like comfort,) superior.

I guess that I'll have to rethink my plans.

Thank goodness for these boards!

Well, it depends on what bus you take. If you walk to the Marketplace, and take the Disney Transport bus, then no.

If you take the hotels provided transportation, those buses run directly to the parks themselves, and if I recall correctly, can get you there in time for opening. (The exception being the MK, buses drop off at the TTC in that case, and guests are held back at the TTC until 8:45 or so.)

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
The reason for this is because too many people were abusing the DTD buses, which are for Disney Resort guests.

I understand why service to the parks was cut from DTD, but according to Disney's website, all multi-day tickets include use of Disney transportation.

That was my understanding as well. My days as a Cast Member don't recall anything ever being said about the transportation system being reserved for resort guests exclusively. That would be quite elitist, wouldn't it? Anyone can use the buses in WDW, and never did I ever get checked for tickets or ID anytime I was there; cast transportation was a whole different issue.

I can see why they stopped running buses to the TTC from DTD (free parking), but I never had to tell any guests that they couldn't use the transportation system if they were staying off-site. I'm pretty sure it's not that way anymore either (still talk to a few managers in Epcot).

So I take the buses from DTD hotels to the TTC instead? If I am able to use the transportation system to get from a park to one of the DTD hotels, I think it's plausible that I am able to board from the hotels in the morning? Do they check for resort ID? I doubt it...

I've stayed three times at Downtown Disney resorts, and haven't ever been asked to show resort ID to board the busses.

There are seperate busses from the Downtown Disney resorts to the Animal Kingdom, MGM, Epcot, and the TTC. So no, you don't have to go to the TTC unless you're going to the Magic Kingdom.

Good good! That makes my day...the less we have to rely on the off-site shuttles the better! I just never took WDWD transportation to any of the DTD hotels. Never went there when I was a guest and always had cast transportation everywhere for the year I was working there.

Thanks!

Good good! That makes my day...the less we have to rely on the off-site shuttles the better! I just never took WDWD transportation to any of the DTD hotels. Never went there when I was a guest and always had cast transportation everywhere for the year I was working there.

Thanks!

I don't consider the Downtown Disney resorts to be "off-site" and IMHO, the bus service between the DD Hotels and the parks is comparable to that provided by the WDW resorts.

We had no complaints about the bus service to and from the parks when we stayed at the Wyndham Palace - including the bus start and end times. There really isn't any need to walk to the MarketPlace to catch a bus unless you want to visit a specific resort for dinner, shopping, etc. In fact, it will take you longer than just taking the bus from your DD Resort!

Thanks!

Unless I am misunderstanding the responses I think they are referring to the shuttles that run from the DTD hotels, not the Disney busses that run from Downtown Disney. I don't think those busses start as early as you are looking for. Just thought I would mention it so you don't walk over to Market Place expecting busses that early in the morning.

Thanks...I know what they're talking about. I was talking about boarding the shuttles at the DTD resorts in the morning, not the Marketplace. I think that offers a pretty viable solution.

As for the DTD resorts, I don't consider them off-site either.

I lived there for a year and got a pretty good idea of the place...just didn't know when the shuttles started running from the Marketplace in the mornings.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks...I know what they're talking about. I was talking about boarding the shuttles at the DTD resorts in the morning, not the Marketplace. I think that offers a pretty viable solution.

You will most definately be able to board one of the DTD busses bright an early. The closest the Crossroads would probably be Doubletree or maybe the BestWestern. Just look for the group of people, stand out in front and get on the bus of your choosing.

They will tell you what spot they will be in for return transport. These buses run often so you shouldn't have much trouble :)

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter