• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

buses from AKL and POFQ

HoosierFantasia

Growing older but not up......
Can anyone give my some input on the bus system from AKL to the parks and DTD and also from POFQ?? How effiecient are they, how long are the routes and waits?
Also do you think that the bus service is better for the deluxes over the moderates and budgets in general?? I know the bus stops at the parks are closer for the deluxes.

Bill

Whether a resort is a Deluxe, Moderate, or Value... has nothing to do with bus stop placement, or bus service. Bus service is determined by demand.

For example... All Stars have a high demand. They might get a Magic Kingdom bus every 9 minutes. Port Orleans has a medium demand, so they might get a MK bus every 12 minutes. And AK Lodge has a low demand, so they might get a MK bus every 15 minutes. These of course are just examples.

As for ride times... AK Lodge to MK... the two furthest points... is only a 14 minute bus ride. PO to MK is 11 minutes.

When comparing AKL to PO... During busy times, the PO busses will be more crowded. AK Lodge is generally not nearly as busy. Very rarely do I ever see anyone standing on an AK Lodge bus, with the exception of at the start of a Park Exit.

Whether a resort is a Deluxe, Moderate, or Value... has nothing to do with bus stop placement, or bus service. Bus service is determined by demand.

That's interesting. When we were there in June staying at the Poly, I noticed that the bus stops at MGM and AK for the Poly were one of the first stops as you exit the park. And a couple of years ago when we stayed at the All Stars, we had to walk past al lthe other resort pickups before we got to the All stars. Guess it was coincidence.

Thanks fo rthe info on times and crowds on the buses, I appreciate it!
Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter