Busdriver Attacked By Guest

Wish I had asked that.
I love the humor. I'll have to watch the video.
Maybe the drivers should all have one.

:goodvibes

I said, now I've got my Magic Bus (Too much, the Magic Bus)
I drive my baby every way (Too much, the Magic Bus)
Each time I go a different way (Too much, the Magic Bus)
I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it ...

Your tag is Magic Bus and this story is about a bus driver
hmmm coincidence maybe :confused: ...maybe not :scratchin

He is a bus driver for Disney.

What a crazy incident all around. I hope the post about him getting taken backstage is true and that they did arrest him. Good grief!!

Good lord, the baby must not have been much of a priority if he threw him/her!

DH drives Disney buses. I think I'll have him take a mixed martial arts class for safety so he's prepared for this sort of thing!

Maybe he thought he could use the baby as a Fast Pass- no pun intended.

Seriously, I wonder how this guy acted if he had to stand in line today and the crowd didn't part like the Red Sea.

OK the situation is awful, and in no way do I take it lightly, however- was anyone else amused to see the next suggested video was "The Doodlebops- Get on the Bus"

What's up with people thinking they get priority over everyone else just because they have kids? Of course, I would give up my seat on a bus for a person holding a child but geez :mad:
We all pay money to enjoy time with our family at WDW, whether it be with small kids or with a teen, or just with spouse. Waiting in line for your turn is a part of being at WDW.
I will not give up my spot on a bus or parade route if someone with a child decides to come along at the last minute after I've been waiting for 45 minutes. :rolleyes1

I read about this this morning and was shocked. I have seen rude guests but not to that extent. There are so many threads on the Dis now that refer to rude and entitled guests getting worse each and every year. This bus incident is really the extreme and tops this subject. Regardless of your age, if you have or don't have kids, are staying in a value or a deluxe etc, no is is better than anyone else, or "deserves" more than anyone else. Everyone pays for their vacations and is entitled to the same as everyone else. People really needs to get over themselves and develop manners.

What this family did was just awful, rude, and uncalled for. Period.

I get where you feel they were acting flippant about it, but I'm very glad they filmed it, for the sake of that poor bus driver. And great for them to put it on you tube - let this idiot's neighbors, co-workers and everyone who knows him see what a total jerk he is.

Good point. I guess I am just thinking how I would have reacted and I can tell you I wouldnt be laughing and holding a video camera so I could get a bunch of hits on youtube. I guess it takes all kinds.

Well, it's made the national news. I knew it was just a matter of time. Between that, and now it's being reported that the family of the boy that was killed by the WDW bus, is suing Disney, must have the public relations dept. working overtime.
Should be an interesting day today.
Wonder if they're issuing the drivers neck protectors?

Good point. I guess I am just thinking how I would have reacted and I can tell you I wouldnt be laughing and holding a video camera so I could get a bunch of hits on youtube. I guess it takes all kinds.

by the sounds of the girls saying "it's going on youtube" i think they are either teens or in their 20's doesn't surprise me they filmed it specifically to put it up on youtube.

i'll also bet they weren't the only ones to pull out their cameras once the fight got going.

Well, it's made the national news. I knew it was just a matter of time. Between that, and now it's being reported that the family of the boy that was killed by the WDW bus, is suing Disney, must have the public relations dept. working overtime.
Should be an interesting day today.
Wonder if they're issuing the drivers neck protectors?

No kidding, I feel for you guys. We hae always had such nice drivers. As for the accident, they are not only suing Disney but also the driver. What in the world did they want him to do? The kid ran into his bus. I know the family is grieving but plaing blame like that won't help and it is only going to make the poor driver feel worse. He is obviouosly hurting enough.

OMG! this whole situation has made me so mad ! Who THROWS a baby?!? What The Heck!!!

According to Fox 35 news-NO charges were filed in this case. The driver is not on the job, he is on paid leave. Fox 35 said neither party wanted to file charges.
This is the problem. Charges need to be filed. The miscreant needs to do jail time and get a criminal record. The miscreant needs to forfeit or lose beaucoup d'argent, mucho dinero. Disney needs to make an example of some of these bad people.

For those who are saying their husbands would have jumped in and "done something," you probably should understand that (a) that's a bad idea; (b) the bus driver does not want you doing that as it would escalate the situation; and (c) the plain clothes security officer apparently didn't see a need to physically intervene. ("Also in the video one of the gentleman on the bus,{I wont identify him} was one of our plain clothes security officers and was in the load zone at the time and witnessed the attack.")

I know it's easy for us guys to play Chuck Norris behind the computer, but the professionals involved in this mess really do not want intervention unless they're in grave danger (e.g. being held down and choked).

[flamesuit on] ;)

Also consider that it's really impossible to say WHAT you (or your husbands) would do when actually involved in this situation. Sometimes it blows your mind how the human mind goes on "pause" in situations like this.

Several years ago, I was at a store when it was robbed. I always thought I'd be the more proactive one...looking for my cell phone to call 911 or whatever. Nope. I couldn't get out the back door fast enough, and I didn't give a flip for where anyone else was or what they were doing. I was getting the heck out of there.

In the case of this guy and the driver, I'm sure thoughts were going through people's heads like "This guy is crazy," or "Does he have a weapon?" or "Someone's gonna get hurt..." I'm sure the men involved were mainly concerned about the safety of their own children at the moment and that took precedence over intervening.

It sounds like another example of someone thinking they are entitled. But the bottom line is that the bus driver is in charge of the bus and what he says goes. If he had a problem he should have gotten the name and bus number and complained when he got back. Did security ever come? I couldnt tell from the video.

I was discussing this with hubs this am and noticed how calm the baby was....thinking this must be typical behavior for this man and his family. Really, when my child was young noone could raise their voice around her without her bursting into tears because we are just that calm of a family, she immediately thought something horrible was happening. This, of course is just my child, but I would think the baby would be reacting differently if this wasn't normal behavior on his part. jmo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter