• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Busch Gardens

ahill004

DIS Veteran
We are headed to the area in mid-September and we are thinking of hitting Busch Gardens for the first time. Ideally we would like to like to do BG at the beginning or end of our trip so that will mean a Sat or Sun. Is it possible to do the park, animals and all, in one day at that time of year on a weekend day? My husband and oldest will want to do every roller coaster and my youngest will want to do the water rides and the Cheetah ride as well as the animal attractions so we would like to see the entire park if possible. Thoughts?

It sounds like you want the full Busch Gardens experience. Busch Gardens is a tropical themed park, so you may want to spend two days just so you can soak in the atmosphere completely. Otherwise, you might be running around like madmen trying to do everything and it won't be as enjoyable. Plus, looking at animals is something that isn't the same if you rush it.

During that time of year, BG operating hours are between 9 and 6 and that will probably effect the hours you will have to plan your schedule.

The calendar right now say 9:30-7:30 during out trip in September. But i know that could change before we get down there.
So how does BG compare size wise to the Disney parks? For instance, we can do just about all of Animal Kingdom, including safari, rides, character meets, a show and the parade in one day during September bc the crowds are generally very low. Now BG has more rides and maybe more shows?? But there aren't any character meets or parades so I'm wondering if it takes a similar amt of time to sufficiently see most of the park??

BG does not have a park parade and the character greets is limited to the Sesame Place and Jungala areas of the park. As for size it is a very large park similar to the Disney Parks so there is a lot of walking to be done. Personally, I think BG has the best live entertainment shows of any park in Florida and in the January to March time frame the Real Music concerts put it over the top. Next January check out the BG website a look at the Real Music lineup, it will be impressive.

Busch Gardens is a big park,335 acres slightly bigger than Epcot.I would say it's possible to get most of the coasters,shows and attractions in one day but I would suggest giving yourself two days,especially if you like coasters.I visit the park 4-5 times a year and skip some of the shows and animal attractions and still spend the entire day there.I mean you got great shows like the new Iceploration show,a lot of animal attractions,the new Walkabout Way with the Kangaroos is awesome,don't forget there are three water rides,8 coasters,the skyride and Rhino Rally.I would give yourself two days,there's also the Adventure Island waterpark across the street,maybe you can spend a couple hours in the morning the second day and finish the second day at Busch Gardens seeing what you may have missed the first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter