Busch Gardens Restaurants

dtum

DIS Veteran
Normalls when we stay at DW we go back to our trailer in the afternoon for some R&R and eating, but I noticed in May Busch Garden's closes at six (not sure why they have such short hours) so we will probably need to eat lunch in the park. Don't want to spend a ton eating in the park (budget thing), but have no clue what they have and what is a good place to eat. Looked at the All-day thing, but really doubt we would eat/drink to justify $30/person. At AK we like Restaurantasourus because I can get a veggie burger and DH can get a reg. burger. Any suggestions on what we should check out at BG? Thanks!

I have never eaten a burger at BG so not sure where they even sell them. JFYI They have great BBQ back at the Smokehouse, but the platters are about
$14 . If you are only eating one meal the best place to go is to the top floor of the Colony House. Get a table by the window so you can watch the animals and relax in air conditioning while you eat. They have a chicken or fish family meal that costs about $12 which is pretty good. (not one of the restaurants in the all you can eat deal).

The good thing about the all you can eat is that you can stop for drinks whenever you need one and when it is hot in Tampa you need many for the day. You also can get a snack whenever you want. We do it when we know we will be there long enough for 2 meals.

If you only plan on eating one meal there, I would opt for the Colony House and forget the all you can eat, too.

My two favorite places to eat at BG are the Desert Grill and the BBQ at the Smokehouse,both are counter service.At the Desert Grill you can even catch a show if you eat at the showtimes.I've always said that Busch Gardens counter service restaurants are way superior when compared to other parks like Disney or Universal.Look at the Desserts in the CS restaurants,Busch Gardens desserts are huge and are made in their own kitchens, Disney trucks them in from who knows where and are not very impressive in size or flavor.as far as price they're similar to most theme parks,$7-$9 entrees with some of the BBQ plates over $10,but again the food is very good and worth it.

We had lunch at the Crown Colony, there were burgers there, I think we spent about $40 on 4 meals including drinks and dessert.

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

IMG_5194-1.jpg

These are the only pics we took,

From the pictures I am guessing you ate in the lower floor of the Crown Colony. The restaurant on the top floor is table service. Sometimes it even has a piano player for entertainment.

The menus were posted on the Dis last summer I did a search of Busch Gardens Food and Prices July 2009 <g>

A poster named Pax has links to menus and pictures for a lot of the food places at BG. Very good site to check out.

I don't know if this will get you to the message

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2231619&highlight=busch+gardens+food+and+prices+july+2009

If it doesn't just do a search.

I have never eaten a burger at BG so not sure where they even sell them. JFYI They have great BBQ back at the Smokehouse, but the platters are about
$14 . If you are only eating one meal the best place to go is to the top floor of the Colony House. Get a table by the window so you can watch the animals and relax in air conditioning while you eat. They have a chicken or fish family meal that costs about $12 which is pretty good. (not one of the restaurants in the all you can eat deal).

The good thing about the all you can eat is that you can stop for drinks whenever you need one and when it is hot in Tampa you need many for the day. You also can get a snack whenever you want. We do it when we know we will be there long enough for 2 meals.

If you only plan on eating one meal there, I would opt for the Colony House and forget the all you can eat, too.

With regard to the drinks and snacks. At DW we always take a backpack with drinks and snacks in it. Does BG allow this?

With regard to the drinks and snacks. At DW we always take a backpack with drinks and snacks in it. Does BG allow this?

::yes:: They will give ya the regular bag check and of coarse no glass allowed.

we just got home from our trip and we did do the dine all day passes. Was well worth it since we ate an early lunch and dinner inside the park. We LOVED the smoke house (brisket is to die for but is 11$) the Servings are large and the desserts are YUMMY

The cafe in the front...something Z...if you need exact name can look on map in car(really need to unpack from trip LOL) has burgers and I think they ran around 9$ drinks were 2.50+ and desserts/sides were 2.99+
We just had dinner at 530 and didnt eat again at the hotel We were full and really too tired...showered, crashed to get up and do it all again the next day LOL

Beware that the restaurants all have different closing times (some very IMO early)

We have always loved Seaworld vs Disney but BG really gives SW a run for its money. It could be that we walked on to every ride no wait and had basically the parks with very minimal people there so it was just very relaxing. Or at least as relaxing as 90 degree dropping rollercoasters can be :P

we just got home from our trip and we did do the dine all day passes. Was well worth it since we ate an early lunch and dinner inside the park. We LOVED the smoke house (brisket is to die for but is 11$) the Servings are large and the desserts are YUMMY

The cafe in the front...something Z...if you need exact name can look on map in car(really need to unpack from trip LOL) has burgers and I think they ran around 9$ drinks were 2.50+ and desserts/sides were 2.99+
We just had dinner at 530 and didnt eat again at the hotel We were full and really too tired...showered, crashed to get up and do it all again the next day LOL

Beware that the restaurants all have different closing times (some very IMO early)

We have always loved Seaworld vs Disney but BG really gives SW a run for its money. It could be that we walked on to every ride no wait and had basically the parks with very minimal people there so it was just very relaxing. Or at least as relaxing as 90 degree dropping rollercoasters can be :P

BG has always been my families favorite park in Florida. We go to the Orlando parks more often just because they are closer and have always wished BG were located in Orlando so we wouldn't have the 3 hour drive there and then 3 hours home after a long day in the park( my husband refuses to stay in a hotel in Florida when he can sleep in his own bed :rotfl:)
There is so much to see and do there- something for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter