Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream

joe

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to Busch Gardens on a Howl-O-Scream day before the haunted houses opened(before 7pm)? How are the crowds during the morning and all day before the Howl-O-Scream stuff starts?

Thanks

I did that last year. The crowds weren't horrible, though I did wait in line 45 minutes for french fries! I have to say I'm not a big BG fan, though.

I haven't heard about this year but would think crowds might be light since HHN has been so busy.

We were there opening weekend--9/27-9/29. I thought the crowds were very heavy, and it was difficult to get to the rides. DH and DD were among the first 100 in for Rhino Rally on Sunday am and waited over 45 minutes to ride. The lines at entry were horrendous--they didn't open the gates one minute prior to opening time, so we spent the first 30 minutes getting into the park, and through security. There was no traffic control, so it took us 1 hour and 20 minutes to get from the closing gate to our hotel--which was only 1/2 mile away (the Baymont--not recommended). The worst part was Saturday night for those going to Howl-o=scream. The traffic was backed up over 4 miles on Busch Blvd. to get in at 7:00. When we returned to the hotel at 9:15 traffic was still backed up for miles on Busch Blvd. and at least one mile on 30th Avenue. it was a mess.

I went 2 years ago and the overcrowding was horrible. I even came in the back way from Fowler and that way was backed up a few miles. People were driving on the shoulders to try to cut in line. Rides for the houses were all over an hour. The park just can't handle the influx of so many people around the same time since it is in a urban location. I will never go back to this event as long as they keep overselling tickets and it sounds like they are still doing so based on NCReddings recent experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter