bus waits and half marathon Feb?

dizzy about daisy

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, My family will be going to WDW in Feb and will be arriving the weeekend of the princess half marathon and we "heard" that it is difficult to get buses in the morning from the resorts to the parks, anyone been there during a marathon or know? :goodvibes

First, the 1/2 is at 5:30 in the morning (and even the 5k is at 6:30) and second the race transportation is different than park transportation. So as far as the race goes, it's not an issue.

As far as crowds--the Princess doesn't add so many people that it would be dramatically noticeable. Of course, this is late Feb, so the crowds may just be an issue anyway due to winter breaks.

I have gone down in January for the bigger Marathon weekend for the last 4 years, and honestly, can't say I noticed a difference in transport due to the races alone.

Maura

The problem is that roads may be closed, causing buses to divert to longer routes and sometimes get stuck in traffic. That could mean not only longer rides, but also longer waits.

Plan an extra half hour or so travel time.

For a half marathon, I think things should be getting back to normal by 10 or 11 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter