Bus Stops and Arrival Time Screens

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
During our last stay at Grand Floridian in Sept 2014 the bus stop had a screen that showed what buses were due to arrive and for what parks that were for. The CM at the time said that this was a trial and that they may be used in the future at other resorts. Do any other resorts currently have these screens? We found them to be a tremendous help so you actually knew when the next bus for MK or EP, etc was due to show up.

When I stayed at the AKL in May, they had the screens with bus time arrivals. They weren't always right. But they did give a ballpark idea of when the bus you were waiting for would arrive.

Is there an app that tracks the busses? I've seen them for busses at colleges and such. That would be a great thing!

The last two years we have been at Port Orleans Riverside for maathon weekend the screens were up. They were very helpful and accurate. Most times the bus came before the estimated time.

The last two years we have been at Port Orleans Riverside for maathon weekend the screens were up. They were very helpful and accurate. Most times the bus came before the estimated time.
Yes,I think they are just at the station by Fulton's.:)

It was reported a few months back this would eventually be a feature on the MDE app. Haven't heard much recently about when it will actually launch.

None at BW when we were there in March. Would be nice if they had them in place for our Nov. trip, but I haven't heard anything to that effect.

I like this idea! I wonder if they are just at the bus stops at the main building. Last trip we stayed at CSR in the waaay back in the Rancho section. The bus stop was small, and just had a vending machine and a sign about how the busses run around the resort.

Stayed at the GF at the end of May and early June. They still had the screen, and every time I used the bus the time was accurate.

Port Orleans Riverside had them at the main bus stop at the front of the resort in April 2015. I really liked knowing approximately when the buses would arrive.

Stayed at the GF at the end of May and early June. They still had the screen, and every time I used the bus the time was accurate.

And just in contrast we were at GF last October and the times were constantly changing. I'm sure it was just regular delays but the bus would rarely be there the first time we looked at the time.

Is there an app that tracks the busses? I've seen them for busses at colleges and such. That would be a great thing!
When we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in March there was a CM with an Ipad at one of the bus stops one morning asking everybody what park they were going to. When we told him what park we were going to, he told us when our bus should arrive and explained that they were testing either a new app or addition to MDE for the transportation system that would estimate bus arrival time.

A couple of weeks ago at the Contemporary there was a CM with a clipboard and walkie-talkie who was giving out information about when the next buses would be coming (although unfortunately he gave out wrong information about our bus, telling us that a direct bus to Epcot would be arriving. After waiting 20 minutes, he said Woops! actually you have to take the monorail to the TTC then a bus to Epcot).

During our last stay at Grand Floridian in Sept 2014 the bus stop had a screen that showed what buses were due to arrive and for what parks that were for. The CM at the time said that this was a trial and that they may be used in the future at other resorts. Do any other resorts currently have these screens? We found them to be a tremendous help so you actually knew when the next bus for MK or EP, etc was due to show up.

I was at GFVs last September too but cannot remember ever seeing the screens but I can tell you I do remember thinking how unorganized the GF bus stop is when getting on a bus. My mom was in a scooter and there was always somehat of a line and if you were in thye back of the line and your bus came but the people in front of you werent getting on a bus it made for chaos. I wittnessed quite a few people that missed busses since they were in the middle or back of the line.

They need to get a move on with this. It's surely a no-brainer, and it's much less annoying waiting for a bus if you have a clue about how long you might be waiting. I live in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, and our bus stops have arrival time screens... Disney should have been pioneering the use of them, not playing catch up with it!

How about any screens at Beach Club? They weren't there in Nov 2014 & wondering if they have been added...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter