Bus stop to Downtown Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Beehn, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Beehn

Beehn Mouseketeer

How far is it to walk from the Downtown Disney bus stop to the hotels (specifically the Wyndham) ? A family member has a conference at the Wyndham, but they are thinking of staying at a monorail resort. TIA!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

If it were me, I would not do this.

DTD buses are notorious for being the least reliable. They seem to take longer to arrive at either end - I've timed them at 45 minutes between buses many times. I would be concerned about being on time for the meeting relying on Disney transportation, unless the meetings started late morning or in the afternoon.

However, once at DTD, it would take maybe 15 minutes or so to get from the Marketplace stop to the Wyndham, depending on how long you had to wait for the light to cross the street.

4. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

Totally agree. If the company won't spend the $$$ for a rental car, then have your family member stay at the Wyndham.

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Plan on taking a cab to the Wyndham every day.

6. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

I don't believe the DtD buses start running until around 10am. If s/he needs to be there for early meetings, he'd need a cab or something.