Bus Stop Question For POR

Tigger220

Earning My Ears
hi, i am staying in building 14 in Port Orleans Riverside and i was wondering what bus stop i would b using and how long it takes to get to it. also how long does it take to get to the food court and Ol' Man Island?

Thanx, TIGGER220:wave2:

If you are in the AB 14 bldg then you are practically right next door to the south depot bus stop and the main bldg where the food court is. I stayed in bldg 15 and liked it very much.

I was so happy to see your post my DH and I were just discussing this very thing. :) Will you please let me know if this is a smoking or non smoking bldg? We want non and my DMIL wants smoking any info would be great. How long of a bus ride is it to MK, AK, MGM and EP? Is it better to take the boat to Downtown Disney? THanks again for any info you can give me. Also, will you please let me know if you know if we can request a bldg in particular? Thanks :wave: princess:

Originally posted by cobbler
If you are in the AB 14 bldg then you are practically right next door to the south depot bus stop and the main bldg where the food court is. I stayed in bldg 15 and liked it very much.

thank you cobbler

so how long of a walk was it from 15 because i have heard that bulding 14 has alot of traffic infront of it?

Originally posted by tbswilson3
Also, will you please let me know if you know if we can request a bldg in particular? Thanks :wave: princess:

You can request a particular building, but it is not guaranteed that you will get it.. They will try their best to fulfill your request, so its worth a shot.

It wasn't a long walk, or at least it didn't seem that way to me. We kind of took the back paths to the main bldgs and bus stops.
The bus rides didn't seem long either, I just kind of relaxed on the bus and enjoyed the scenery. Of course they may be longer now that FQ is open and I heard that the busses stop at that resort before Riverside. FQ was under refurb when I visited.

I have taken the boat to DD, it was a nice ride. I tend to relax and enjoy the ride and I guess I never pay attention to how much time it takes.

HTH some :)

are you sure that Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter go on the same bus? I know that they are all 1 resort but they r both huge. i cant see them sharing a buss

ok i am leaving for POR in 3 days!!!!!! i just wanna make sure i am right... POR + POFQ do share buses? and my other question is do they ever get crowded and you might have to wait for the next 1. also o heard that at the parks POR + POFQ have differnet bus stops is this true or is it just 1 that says Port Orleans

When we were at PO-R, PO-FQ was closed. But when we were last at PO-FQ (albeit 11 years ago) the bus did come to FQ first before PO-R. Several times people were not able to get on the bus. And the ones who did were mostly standing. This may have changed, but from what I've read on these boards, it hasn't.

Last year while at PO-R, we always walked to the main bus stop. We were in the Mansion buildings, but from what we experienced on our previous trip, the satellite bus stops were often not serviced (buses too full). This was true again last year. We would board out front, and if we weren't full at the main bus stop, we were certainly full by the first satellite stop. I felt sorry for the people at the 4 bus stop. You could see the frustration on their faces.

My recommendation: If you stay at PO-R, go to the main bus stop. If you find that the buses are constantly full, walk to the PO-FQ and pick it up there.

Hope that helps.

When we were at POFQ about a week ago, buses were shared generally during the mid day (from 12-6), and they had seperate buses in the morning and evening. Always stopped at POFQ before POR, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter