Bus situation — Pop vs. CBR

NIkita

Earning My Ears
Heading to WDW the second week of August. Truly a last minute, “I need fresh scenery and have been vaccinated” trip for me and my 20-something daughter. Debate is between staying at Pop and CBR. We will go the DHS and Epcot, but we are more excited about rising early and hitting rope drop at MK or AK. I have read many stories about the current bus nightmares at both these resorts, Any observations or opinions based on a recent experience would be helpful. Thanks — NIkita

I think the bus situation at Pop is better than CBR. We stayed both recently and hated the CBR bus stops. There are no lines set up so it becomes a mess when it gets crowded plus the lines roll into the parking lots. Pop has the designated due area so there is no confusion as to where the line is and who is in it. You just have to be willing to try to be on the first busses out and get in due early at Pop. When MMK opened at 9 (but really 8) we got in line at 7:20. We were on the 4th bus and in line for SDMT at 8:20. We should have gotten o bus stop at 7. For AK we got to bus stop at 6:45 and were on the first bus that arrived when we got there. We were at the front of AK at 7:05 and walked by ourselves to Pandora. We were the first resort bus to make it to the park that morning so no one was around us and since we were 2 adults we beat everyone that was one our bus. Have fun!!

I would say buses will be a bit better at Pop, but skyliner will be easier at CBR due to not having to wait in line twice. Given a choice between the two, I’d choose CBR.

I like pop better. I like the single bus hub at pop better than the multiple stops at CBR. At pop I know how many people are in front of me in line for the bus. Unless I’m at the first bus stop at CBR I don’t know how many people are in front of me. I usually use the bus line to gauge whether an Uber to the park is worth it or not and at CBR i can’t tell how long the line really is.

I was at Pop this last March, right before spring break crowds. The buses to MK and AK were fine. Lines were long but buses came 2-3 at a time in the morning. Do plan on being in line an hour before rope drop. We got to the park before regular park opening. The lines looks daunting, groups 6ft apart, but move fast when buses arrive.

Don't know about pop but ASM has plenty of busses in the morning...lined up and they keep coming 567694

The buses are the buses are the buses. They are going to be good and bad at every single resort.

The value resorts have actual ques that you stand in, they do not have cover in the lines.
The moderate and deluxe have covered stops but do not have ques so (pre-Covid) it could be a free for all getting on the bus. I've read reports that during Covid some of the deluxe resorts have ques but can't verify that. All the CBR, POR and CSR (moderates) have multiple bus stops. YC/BC share buses most of the time, they stop at YC first then BC. Swan/Dolphin share buses, they stop at Swan first then Dolphin.

CBR has the skyliner. I think Pop does or if it doesn't you can walk to AoA and catch it. Pre-Covid the skyliner resorts had buses coming less often for Epcot/HS because you could use the skyliner.

Personally, I would not pick a resort because of antidotal bus service. I would pick the resort I want to stay at, period. Having said that, I no longer stay in monorail resorts because when the monorail is running it's normal schedule, it's the only option to get to Epcot and I'm not a fan of it, I'd actually rather take a bus.

As mentioned, Pop has only one bus stop. That's a plus in my estimation. Pop also offers Skyliner service but one has to transfer once (consequently, one has to wait in two queues to get to/fro Epcot and HS).

I really like Caribbean (which I know isn't super popular here) but the bus system there is AWFUL. AVOID AT ALL COST.

My family hates the buses anyways but would never stay at CBR again if I had to use the buses (even for just the 2 parks).

CBR has the skyliner. I think Pop does or if it doesn't you can walk to AoA and catch it. Pre-Covid the skyliner resorts had buses coming less often for Epcot/HS because you could use the skyliner.
Pop and AoA share the same skyliner. It's located between the 2 resorts on the bridge. You do have to transfer at CBR to go to Epcot/DS. And the transfer can be 20-40 minutes long during busy times.
I couldn't figure out how Rivera guests get on the Skyliner. Riviera is a 2nd stop after guests get on at CBR station to Epcot. It looks like the Cast members leave 1 gondola open every 10 gondolas.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-world/transportation/skyliner.htm#map

I was deliberating the same thing for an August trip, and then I did some math. For the same price as the cheapest CBR room for 8 nights...we could stay at Pop for 5 and Animal Kingdom Kidani Village (or some other deluxes) for 3. Have you thought about a split stay?

The bus situation at Pop isn't terrible - as long as you get in line early. Our last stay there in December, we got in line for buses about an hour and a half before park opening - we were usually on the first bus that picked up around an hour to an hour and 15 minutes before park opening. The bus situation is much worse at CBR IMO - I hate that it's basically just a free for all at each stop, plus all the multiple stops can take forever. I prefer the simplicity and organization of the Pop buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter